Shangri-la Diet

Options
Hello,
I just finished reading a book about the Shangri-la diet, and I was going to give it a try. Has anyone out there tried it, or is currently on it? Any ideas or tips?
Thank you,
Luci

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Did a quick google search as I have never heard of it. So the basis is you need to ingest 100-400 calories of olive oil and this is supposed to reduce your cravings/appetite? Sounds like a fad diet to me! Sorry but fad diets never work in the long run.
  • losingweightfor30
    losingweightfor30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for us, there is no miracle to losing weight... just time, hard work and dedication. I've tried so many "fad" diets but these things never work. You can't do that all of your life... if you don't change your habits you will gain it all back.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've given up on fads and diets and believe in just maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Put in the work to do it right with proper nutrition and exercise and you'll see results.
  • gawler51
    Options
    I just recently started using this site. I intended just to use it to find out the calorie count of certain foods and didn't realise it was so involved and useful. The reason I mention this is because I have been on the Shangri-La diet for the last 4 months and have lost 28 pounds which, having only just joined the site, doesn't show up in my weight loss figures. It doesn't really deserve the term diet because I have never once felt deprived. If I felt hungry I ate something. It just gets you to a stage where you feel full sooner and don't require as much food. I came upon it by accident whilst reading a totally unrelated book which gave it a plug. It may not work for everyone but it sure as hell worked for me. I haven't been this slim since I was in my early 30's. I now almost have a 6 pack instead of a keg!