no exercise!?

Options
Has anyone lost a good amount of weight following mfp with out doing alot of exercise?

Replies

• DuhhMuffin
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs with no exercise other than what I did at work.

Losing weight has been harder since then, though, so I exercise now.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i lost 20 lbs breastfeeding my son and eating 1500 calories. then i had to exercise to keep losing. Good luck! Exercise is great for you, not just for losing weight.
  • monkeys_mom
    monkeys_mom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, I went from 155 to 125 lbs before exercising at all. Then I started to randomly exercise, nothing on a regular basis, got down to 115.

I was flabby, looked a lot heavier than 115, and very unhappy.

I started doing push ups, crunches. Lost 7 inches off my waist with less than 5lbs lost, and started to see definition, collar bones. Bought a bowflex ($100 used) and started weight lifting. Really started to see results, and my legs, while I haven't lost inches, look completely different. I have very little back fat now, when as before, my bra caused bulges that prevented me from wearing anything tight fitting.

My weight stalled, started doing cardio 2x to 3x a week,, lost 4 lbs in a month. Now weight 109, and look way better than I did at 115.

Moral of story:EXERCISE.

You may lose the weight, but you won't like the results. I wish I had started way sooner than I did.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    A lot of weight?

I've lost 30 pounds walking 20 to 60 minutes a day/7 days a week. But 20 of that is walking back and forth to work.

Unlike the person above, I have lost lots of inches and am very happy with how I look. I look a lot thinner now than I did coming up on the weight, even though I'm much older.

The down side is that having lost the weight I obviously need more toned muscles. It's hard to walk with all this snow on the ground and to really get good muscle tone, like I had this summer, I need to walk 3 miles a day at 4+ miles per hour. Can't do that this time of year.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    Yes, I went from 155 to 125 lbs before exercising at all. Then I started to randomly exercise, nothing on a regular basis, got down to 115.

I was flabby, looked a lot heavier than 115, and very unhappy.

I started doing push ups, crunches. Lost 7 inches off my waist with less than 5lbs lost, and started to see definition, collar bones. Bought a bowflex ($100 used) and started weight lifting. Really started to see results, and my legs, while I haven't lost inches, look completely different. I have very little back fat now, when as before, my bra caused bulges that prevented me from wearing anything tight fitting.

My weight stalled, started doing cardio 2x to 3x a week,, lost 4 lbs in a month. Now weight 109, and look way better than I did at 115.

Moral of story:EXERCISE.

You may lose the weight, but you won't like the results. I wish I had started way sooner than I did.

Yeah, I second that. At 190 now I look way flabbier than I did the first time I was 190.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    "Dieting makes you look good in clothes. Exercise makes you look good naked."

Platitudes aside, I have always been an exerciser. I run, do yoga, ride a race bike, and walk a lot. I only recently started getting more serious about watching my food intake, and that was when I finally saw some results. I am at the lowest weight I have ever been as an adult.

Moral of the story: exercise, but watch what you eat, too. I get the best results when I do both.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing a whole lot of exercise. I should be doing much much more. What was said above is true. My sophomore year in high school I weighed 263 lbs with a 42 inch waist. 24 years later to today I weigh 244 lbs and I have a 47.5 inch waist. I've lost 97 lbs with very little exercise. I still have 84 to go.. I'm adding more exercise this year. You'll "see" better results if you exercise. You'll drop fat either way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!