Great Weight Tracking

Options
I'd like to recommend a weight tracking app called Libra. I know this site has a weight tracker, but it has some major flaws. The graph only seems to be available on your phone & not on your computer. When you click “check-in” or “weigh-in” you’re navigated to a page where you can only enter your current weight or see your very last weight. To see all prior weight entries, you have to click “edit previous entries.” Also, on your phone you can only see a 3-month graph. The biggest issue I have with this weight tracker is that it’s a widget instead of a graph. Why is this a problem? Because if you lost weight from last month, but didn’t lose weight from when you first joined the site & started entering your weight (say a year ago) the widget doesn’t register any weight loss. In other words, I could weigh more now than I did last year when I started, but after getting back on the wagon last month, my 3lb weight loss is not reflected in my widget. . Talk about failure to motivate! This is exactly what happened to me & I couldn’t figure out why my widget wasn’t moving. Finally it occurred to me that I had to delete all of my “low-weight” entries & start over for the widget to show any progress. Libra does exactly what I want it to do. To start, you go to preferences to enter much of the same information you enter in this app (height, weight, your weight goal & date). I could easily enter all of my old weight information (which I saved in a spreadsheet before deleting them from myfitnesspal) & it is presented both graphically & listed in a database that shows numerical weight gains & losses. Now I can truly see trends in my weight over the past 2 years. You can set the chart zoom to show the time span you see when you go to the graph (1 mo., 3 mo., etc.), but you can also swipe your finger across the screen to see past weeks or months, or you can zoom in or out using 2 fingers. The preferences tab is very convenient. I really like the option of showing the diet plan & forecast line. The diet plan line (blue) shows when you'll meet your goal if you keep your calorie reduction where they advise, while the forecast line (red) predicts how long it will take to meet your goal based on your previous weight loss trend. The only thing this app is missing is a BMR calculator. It must be doing the calculation in order to show the calorie deficit you need to meet your goal, but it doesn't show the actual number of calories you should consume to meet your goal. So you may see -500 cal instead of 1500 cal, which means you’ll need to figure out what your BMR is if you don’t already know it. Remember, this is just for tracking your weight, myfitnesspal is still the best app to track your diet/nutrition & exercise.

Replies