how often do you stay unde calorie intake?

kalebsmama07
kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
do you see a diffrence when you stay under calorie intake until ur body adjusts to the calories or??? im usually not under my calories but im really trying to keep under too see a change ......how far do you go under ur calories? or how often? and does staying at what calories that were giving to you help to loss weight too rather than keeping under everytime....im not sure if that makes since to you...thanks for ur answers

Replies

• mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    I've set my calorie goal at 1400 before exercise. I've been on here a week and only managed to stay under on one day (and only by about 8 calories). Yet I have lost 4 pounds since I joined. I've been there when I eat low calories (around 1200) and my weight loss stalls so now I try to have around 1400-1600 a day, it seems to shift the weight really fast. I havent been exercising (apart from the odd walk) this week either as I am ill.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I'm usually under a little bit (less than 100 cals), but I'm counting my exercise cals as well. Sometimes I get 1700 cals. On those days, I am usually under by about 200 cals. I've lost consistently every week. It's slowed down now because I'm like 1.2 pounds from my goal but I'm ok with this taking a few weeks.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Personally I try to stay well under my goal. Not by more than 300 though. This is mainly because I'm not too confident in some of the estimates i'm getting based on the execise that I do. For example, When I was 12 lbs heavier, it said I would burn 242 cal for 50 mins of hatha yoga. but now that I'm 12 lbs lighter, it is actually still saying i'm burning 242 cal. So that number did not change based on my weight. I understand it can't actually say how many calories i burned exactly but i'm just not comfortable with some of the estimates.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Personally I try to stay well under my goal. Not by more than 300 though. This is mainly because I'm not too confident in some of the estimates i'm getting based on the execise that I do. For example, When I was 12 lbs heavier, it said I would burn 242 cal for 50 mins of hatha yoga. but now that I'm 12 lbs lighter, it is actually still saying i'm burning 242 cal. So that number did not change based on my weight. I understand it can't actually say how many calories i burned exactly but i'm just not comfortable with some of the estimates.

I dont think 12 lbs is going to impact how many cals you burn in a workout very much.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196

I dont think 12 lbs is going to impact how many cals you burn in a workout very much.

Really, so are you also saying that MFP does in fact change the "calories burned" depending on your weight? because not that i'm saying that there would be a big difference between the 12 lbs. But I'm just saying that 242 could have been for someone who weighed much more than me or much less than me. 242cal burned from a yoga session can't just run across the board for everyone.
  • Shannon4J
    Shannon4J Posts: 28 Member

Really, so are you also saying that MFP does in fact change the "calories burned" depending on your weight? because not that i'm saying that there would be a big difference between the 12 lbs. But I'm just saying that 242 could have been for someone who weighed much more than me or much less than me. 242cal burned from a yoga session can't just run across the board for everyone.

Yes, MFP does change the calories burned when you lose weight!! You have to re-enter the cardio exercise, not just click the box when you reach a new weight and it will re-adjust.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I go under my calories every single day. :( I can't get to 1400 without going over something else, you know?
This discussion has been closed.