Any 30ish Mamas out there?

Options
I just turned 33 on January 2. I have three beautiful kiddos and I REALLY need to lose 80-100 pounds. I weigh 229 right now. I would LOVE to get down to 145...but honestly, I would be happy with 160 right now!! I need some buddies!! Some motivational support!!

It is killing me to see my beautiful 13 year old daughter already worried about her weight already :( I know it is my fault from always worrying about mine. She saw that and it bothers me. But, hind sight is 20/20 and she and I are trying to take the time together to get fit. I am really trying to encourage healthy habits with our whole family. It is really hard at times!! They are kids, after all, and they like some stuff that isn't always the best for them. Actually, I do, too!!

Anyhoo, would love to do some sort of challenge!!

Replies

• Dontneed60
    Dontneed60 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI, AM 33 TWO MOTHER OF TWO A BOY (16) A GIRL (10) AND ITS HARD, I WAS 255 2 YEARS AGO AND I LOST 55 POUNDS AND WAS 200 FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS PROBLEMS AND STRESS MADE ME GAIN 15 POUND BACK SO AM AT 215 AND I GOT BACK ON MY DIET TODAY THE 4TH OF JAN ITS A NEW YEAR!!!!BUTN WE COULD DO THIS FOR US ITS GONNA BE HARD PUT IT COULD GET DONE MY GOAL IS TO BE 160 SO I HAVE TO LOSE 55 POUNDS, YOU COULD DO IT IT FEELS SO GOOD WHEN PEOPLE START TO NOTICE YOUR WEIGHT LOSS IT FEELS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!YOU COULD DO IT GIRL!!! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND I HOPE TO SEE YOUR PICS OF BEFORE AND AFTER AND TO SEE HOW GREAT YOU LOOK AND FEEL!:drinker:
  • Evette7
    Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am pushing 34 and the mother of 3 teenagers! I have about 100 more pounds to lose. I have a 14 year old daughter and I know exactly what you mean! I also have a 6 year old cousin who refused to eat all of her dinner in case there were too many calories. It's crazy how much we indirectly influence them!

I am going to send you a friend request. If you are up for some mutual motivation then accept. Regardless, good luck!
  • clareBrewster80
    clareBrewster80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 32 with a 10 year old and three teenage step children. I really do know what you all mean and can really relate. I have never been a 'normal' weight in my life and have come the conclusion that I will never be 'skinny' but I do want to be fit and healthy. Hopefully this year will be my year to do this!
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am 32 with 2 kids ages 7 & 8. Always looking for new mfp friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • thogan03
    Options
    Hey all. I'm a mom of 3 beautiful boys 5 and under and I would love to have some motivation to get to my goal weight and stay there. I would also love to be available to support other moms in their journey so feel free to add me!

Oh, I'm 29 with 3 yrs experience ;-) (32)
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm a mom of 3 beautiful boys 5 and under and I would love to have some motivation to get to my goal weight and stay there. I would also love to be available to support other moms in their journey so feel free to add me!

Oh, I'm 29 with 3 yrs experience ;-) (32)

Bahahaa! I ALWAYS say I am 29 with experience!! Gmta!!

My kids are 13, 10 and 7.

So glad we can get to know each other thru this site!! Yay!! Let's make this work and really support each other.

Do y'all have specific goals? Plans on how to get there?
  • Redhedshred
    Redhedshred Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used to know someone with your username on sheknows :) I'm 34 with 5 littles. cutest bunch of carrots in the world. married 12 years.
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 35 years old and have a two-year old son. We have a similar amount of weight to lose. Feel free to add me for support!
  • prematuremango
    Options
    I'm a 35 year old mother of two (11 and 6). I'd love to be friends and support each other. I started at 225 a while ago, but didn't join this until I was down to 195. I would love to lose 60-70 more, but will stick with 20 for now. Baby steps for me! I'd love the support and to help you all as well!
  • myateam4
    myateam4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ladies I want you all to know you can do it!!! I was 223 and am down to 185! If you need extra motivation and want to join a challenge here is the detials on my challenge.

If you are interested in extra motivation and support II would love to have you join in the challenge. Its a facebook group called Healthy n' Fit 2013! Its private and its all girls, and just because you join the group doesn't mean myself or anyone else in the group can see your regular facebook page. Its completely secure. Its going to be a challenge that you set your own goals and you post sweaty mug shots after your workout. Again completely private, so no one on your regular facebook can see your sweaty mug shots! That worried me at first because no way I wanted my friends to see me all sweaty, but they can't! You don't have to post your pics if you don't want to, just do as much as you want! Its all about you and the new year new you! The link is http://www.facebook.com/groups/389745054448223/ just request to be added and I will approve you.
  • Suzeboo
    Suzeboo Posts: 50
    Options
    hey I am 31, mother of 2 girls and desperate to shift my weight. Support both ways will be great :smile:
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    HOLLA! 34, Mama for sure. Feel free to add me:)
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am a 34 year old mother to two girls (3 and 5). My goal is to lose 80 pounds. I'm nearly half way there.
  • ldwash405
    ldwash405 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am also 33 years old and a single mother of two boys. I have lost weight and gained it back so many times, when it comes to keeping the weight off that I have lost I'm not too successful with that. Also I have to have willpower not to eat the foods that my kids eat. They're boys so they can take in more calories and burn it off easier than I can. I have made some adjustments to their diet also, but still I can't eat everything that they eat. It's hard! I am praying that joining MyFitnessPal will help me be more disciplined with my eating and exercise habits! I'm just blessed with this one life and I am healthy, I would like to stay that way for a long time!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    all 30 year old momma's can add me. I am a 37 almost 38 year old single mom of a 10 year old daughter.
  • clhutch76
    clhutch76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    36 single mom of a 13 year old daughter. Need to lose close to 100lbs my problem right now is getting motivated to work out...I have my first 5K June 1st! I'm down 20lbs though :)
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey! Mom of 2 boys (12 & 10) 36 years old. Lost 27 and looking to loose about 40 more if not more. Feel free to add me! If you are looking for a challenge, I joined one that starts Monday 7th Jan. It's the 30 day cardio challenge by Mrshutupandtrain. ..here is the link:

just copy and paste the link
  • Luvinfunkyworm
    Luvinfunkyworm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm 29 with 4 kids :) Yikes I know. They are 12, 8,7, and 4. They drive me CRAZY. my 7 year old is already struggling with her weight and like many i feel as though i am to blame. I need to lose about 100 pounds and even that wont put me in "healthy standards" but one pound at a time and hope for the best. Add me :)
  • Iwant2b140
    Iwant2b140 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 35 with 3 boys (7, 4 & 8 mnths). I have the last 15 pounds of post pregnancy weight that I am working at getting rid of for good. Please feel free add me :) would love the support as well.
  • jjroblin
    Options
    I am 37 and have an almost 3 year old son and am 6 months pregnant with my second :) Before I got pregnant with my son, I had lost a total of 120 pounds and had kept it off for over 10 years. After he was born, I lost all the baby weight in 6 months but badly needed to tone back up again. Just as I got that accomplished, I got pregnant with #2 here and as much as I have tried to keep up with my fitness, it hasn't been my #1 priority as much. I know what it is like to be in that place where the numbers on the scale look so big and I'd love to be a source of motivation for you. 120 pounds gone and gone for over 10 years now...I KNOW I have beaten the "weight monster" :)