What Did you Want to Be When you Grew up?

Options

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Pirate
  • westerly34
    Options
    NBA player or Doctor
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I am today, an Architect.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    EGOT . . . .

who knows someday maybe . . .:laugh: :laugh:
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A witch! LOL
  • rebelchief
    rebelchief Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm going to compete in the Rolex, although I would LOVE to be an Olympic rider.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I actually never wanted to grow up.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Divorce Lawyer.... no, really! From 6-12 that's what I wanted to be. Then it was pediatrician... then nurse.... then social worker.... now I am a Nanny and I love it. Turns out I just like taking care of kids. Best job ever!
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Teacher, nurse, writer, mother, actress. As an actress I am all of the above. :)
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Divorce Lawyer.... no, really! From 6-12 that's what I wanted to be. Then it was pediatrician... then nurse.... then social worker.... now I am a Nanny and I love it. Turns out I just like taking care of kids. Best job ever!

Kids are great. I worked in a school for 6 years & I still work with the kids at my church. Also, I am trying to start my own program that involves children and theater. Dreams don't die, they only get bigger.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Professional ice skater a la Dorothy Hamill. (Yeah I'm old LOL). When I realized that I started to late, I was willing to settle for skating as a hamburger in the Ice Capades. (I think McDonald's was featured on the ice that year) I did neither, but I do skate from time to time.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    A rockstar. A child psychiatrist. A biochemist living in the rainforests making medicine out of plants. Got the degree and realized that was completely not realistic. Lol
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Happy
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    In kindergarten I wanted to own an ice cream truck.

In middle school I wanted to be a teacher, because I thought writing on the chalkboard was tons of fun.

In high school I wanted to do something with psychology...

Through an odd series of decisions and events I'm now a teacher, but I curse the classrooms without whiteboards because chalk is so messy!
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am what I always wanted to be - a teacher. 21 years later, and I still LOVE it!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a Veterinarian

Im a law student... LOL

Snap! (Almost) I was desperate to be a doctor for a very long time, and am now a law student. Although I'm on the Medico Legal association committee so I get to spend a lot of time researching medical dilemmas.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Happy

^ :smile:
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    A value added to the society!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an accountant, then a lawyer! Started studying Law at University but didn't enjoy it, so swapped to languages, then did an MA in Translation. Now I'm a secondary school French teacher :smile:

I love my job, and it's the perfect job now as I have kids of my own.
  • mmccloskey10
    Options
    A Ghostbuster!