Josie Gibson's 30 Second Slim UK

Options
Hi all, I tried this DVD for first time on saturday and thought it wasn't as hard as others I've used. And have been crippled since! Anyone else tried it? Any thoughts?

Replies

• HafyD
    HafyD Posts: 1
    Options
    Ive been using it for a week. Im still on level 1 and my calfs are aching! Im really hoping it will work.
  • MrsLg
    MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What's it like? Lots of cardio or a mix of stuff?
  • Rhianne18
    Rhianne18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Never got the notification that people had replied...
    For me it feels more of a challenge strength-wise; although you do feel the cardio it's only the 30 seconds that is taxing so it settles quite quickly. I've only done level 1 but that's squats, squat thrusts, and an odd move where you walk your arms out along the floor in front of you and back which I am really too weak upper-body to manage! However I've still been doing gym first so I don't feel like I'm slacking off on my cardio! She says it burns the same calories as an hour's jog but I'm not feeling that!
    And the good news is, I don't hurt with it anymore! Til level 2 I'm sure...
  • NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was going to give this a try, but from what I am reading it sounds like JM 30 day shred!? Which I already have so unsure whether to buy Josie now.
  • egginabun
    egginabun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found that bit where you walk with your arms REALLY hard, i only managed 3 of them. Today was my first day using it but i'm gonna stick with it because she does say it gets easier. I hope it does. I only did level one and i barely managed one set of the exercises. I'm really aching now as well :( lol
  • Rhianne18
    Options
    I find the exercises harder than 30 DS BUT cardio wise not as challenging. I was planning to rotate the two cos I like 30 day shred too.
    I'm so glad you said that about the walking your hands thing, when I get back to my feet I really struggle to get back up lol. I also find it a impossible to do without a squat. But I was blaming that on my long legs ;)
  • lyndom01
    Options
    Hello. I have just done this DVD for the first time, does anyone know how to input it into here as exercise?
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I was thinking about getting this but get bored easily - how long are the workouts? JMs 30 day shred (20 minutes ish) is about all I can handle before I get bored!
  • lyndom01
    Options
    They are only 20min workouts so really quick to do and get out the way. X
  • this_time_nextyear
    Options
    The arm walk move, how does that work? I'm an Insanity student at the moment but need to work on my upper body strength for Tough Mudder training
  • cupkate88
    Options
    hows everyone getting on with it? ive just started today, was a killer! ;-)
  • Rhianne18
    Options
    I went back to Josie again today after 3 weeks of just going gym. Still not moved on from level 1 though! I used a HRM today just to see the calorie burn, 280 cals for 20 mins isn't bad!
  • xHealthyBeex
    Options
    excellent was wondering exactly how many calories i am burning. i love it personally. xx
  • uno_30
    uno_30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to use the dvd 3-4 times a week for the past month or so, I swear level 1 is the hardest out of the 3, level 2 is the best one and tried level 3 for the first time last night which was hard but do-able.....

I love the aches after, totally means its working!

Is anyone else still using this dvd? any good results since 2013? :)