How long to lose 37lbs?

Options
I have 37 lbs to lose to be at a healthy weight for my height, but I am wondering how long it will take, is 6 months realistic?

Replies

• mmenuey27
    mmenuey27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Based on the healthy way to lose weight, which is recommended. If you lose 2 lbs a week; you could lose 37 lbs in roughly 5 months.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    This depends on how much weight you have to lose.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is certainly possible, and wouldn't really be considered unhealthy, but it might be better to set smaller goals first. For instance, if you strive to lose a pound a week at first, you can ease into some positive habits. Maybe say, "I'd like to lose 10 pounds by Easter." You may even lose more than that, but that is a goal you are sure to reach, and reaching goals is good for our motivation :) Then, once you've lost 10 pounds, you can set a new goal, such as "I'd like to lose 10 more pounds by the 4th of July." The weight loss might get a bit more difficult as you go, but don't give up! Remember, these are habits you want to maintain long-term anyway, not just for 6 months.

Best of luck!
  • sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    This depends on how much weight you have to lose.

I need to lose 37 lbs in total
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Aim for 37 weeks, might take longer if you get stuck in a plateau or have a week off. You might lose two pounds a week at the start and half a pound a week at the end.
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I went from 181 to 146 since mid august. So about 5 months to loose 35 pounds for me
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I like the 5lb a month loss..not too fast so I would say about 7 months to be on the safe side.