Zumba - Calories Burned

Options
What do you put down for Zumba? I don't see Zumba in the exercise database.

Replies

• jessiefied
    Options
    Hi,
    I find Zumba under the cardiovascular section. Every 10 minutes you do is 80 calories. Hope that helps :)
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    I had to add Zumba under the my exercises tab. I wear a HRM to determine my calorie burn.
  • NoDiva
    NoDiva Posts: 6
    Options
    I used this calculator: http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/. It lets you enter your weight, workout time and intensity.

Assuming medium intensity to cover the entire class range from warm-up to cool-down, I came up with 532 for a 60 minute class.
  • Lamaestra91
    Lamaestra91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the website! I'm a Zumba instructor and never knew about this site!!! I am thrilled and am getting ready to try it out!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Be aware a lot of those online calculators aren't deducting your BMR so they give inflated numbers. You can log it on MFP as dancing.
  • MrsMylove
    Options
    Hi! I do Zumba just about everyday! You can add any excercise just click on cardio, then scroll down u will see" don't see what you're looking for click to add" very easy. What Zumba do u do? I do the wii
  • moneypenny50
    moneypenny50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been using the dancing, modern, twist for my log in.
    I do Zumba at LA Fitness
  • NoDiva
    NoDiva Posts: 6
    Options
    My gym (Anytime Fitness) recently added a Zumba class. It's a small class, usually around 5 or6, and I love it! I do it twice a week and Jazzercise three times a week. I call them my "playouts," since they are so much fun and don't feel like work.

What shoes do you wear? I wear Ryka transitions, which are great for pivoting, but don't provide as much padding as traditional cross trainers. Has anyone found one they like?
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0, 122 lbs, and I burn 6.5 cals per minute with Zumba.
    If you're larger than me you might be burning more.
    My calculation is based on heart rate and NET burn, which is the most accurate way.