Need a tasty chicken soup recipe

Options
mem50
mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
Preferably homemade. And in a crockpot. Rice...noodles, does not matter. Or maybe a bean soup or pea soup or some kind of soup. I need to make and freeze for dinners after work or when I don't have time to cook.

Replies

• GraveyardGirl88
    Options
    Cooking.com is a great place to find amazing recipes from all over. I personal make this one:
    http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-more/recipes/chicken-tortilla-soup-recipe-10002003.aspx#axzz2H8IrAP5d
    It reheats great from the fridge or from the freezer. Hope it helps :)
  • angelacooper3
    angelacooper3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Made pea and ham today with some left overs from a ham joint. Diced 3 carrots and an onion added the ham, 250g of split yellow peas (green are better but had run out) 2 chicken stock cubes and 3 or 4 pints of water depending on how thick you like it. There was enough for 3 of us with some left for tomorrow. To ring the changes with chicken I like to add some kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and a little fresh red chilli. Just before serving add some vermicelli rice noodles and stir 2 beaten eggs in slowly
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1869/chicken-noodle-soup

I love this one, its so quick and easy and tasty :-)
  • DebsComeBack
    DebsComeBack Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to go full on old fashioned Jewish chicken soup style until I tried it with just chicken breast and it was delish.

Now I make mine quick and simple with skinless boneless chicken breast and rice. I use McCormick chicken base to add a bolder chicken flavor. Stove top cook and you can add either rice or pasta...whatever you preference. Takes about an hour and freezes well.

6 Skinless boneless chicken breast
    2 medium onions - chopped
    2 to 3 cups carrots - chopped
    2 to 3 cups celery - chopped
    handful parsley - chopped
    handful dill - chopped
    5-6 Tablespoons (or to taste) McCormick Chicken Base
    16-20cups water (may have to add post cooking)
    Shake of garlic powder
    1 1/2 cups basmati rice
    Lemon (optional)

Boil chicken breasts, skimming foam, for about 30 minutes, add everything else except rice and lemon. Continue cooking on medium heat for another 20-30 minutes *until veggies are tender*and then remove the chicken breast to dice. Mine shreds more than it dices but still good either way. Add rice and cook another 10 minutes just until rice is tender. The rice tends to soak up the broth and it gets thick as it sits...I always add a little water.

We like it with a squeeze of lemon!

Enjoy :)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Will be looking these up and giving it a go.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    We love this one but I apologize that I never measure when I cook.

Cook chicken breasts in chicken broth with dill, onion, carrots and celery. Shred chicken and put back into broth. Can season with salt and pepper. About 10 mins before you want to eat, add egg noodles. It is the best soup we have had and so easy. I don't see why you couldn't do it in the crockpot. I make a TON at a time though because it freezes really well.