What do you eat

Options
before working out? This morning I had an egg fritta with turkey sausage and whole grain toast. I went to my first training session with the PT. Towrads the end I was feeling a little dizzy and a little queesey. Did I eat the wrong breakfast? Perhaps didn't allow enough time between exercises/sets?

It wasn't fun and I would like to avoid this next time. Any feedback owuld be appreciated.

Namaste, Kristine

Replies

• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    before working out? This morning I had an egg fritta with turkey sausage and whole grain toast. I went to my first training session with the PT. Towrads the end I was feeling a little dizzy and a little queesey. Did I eat the wrong breakfast? Perhaps didn't allow enough time between exercises/sets?

It wasn't fun and I would like to avoid this next time. Any feedback owuld be appreciated.

Namaste, Kristine

I eat what fits my macros callories I eat oats light before training i eat 30 min before im ok but u might not maybe eat 1-2 hours before training
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't eat before my workouts, because typically I go at 5:30 am. I do have coffee beforehand. I drink water on the way and water during and then have a piece of cheese as I'm driving to work. This is probably not the way you 'should' workout, but frankly it works for me and if it's stop and eat or get to the gym, I go to the gym. Perhaps try something more carb less protein? I think protein takes a while to digest and may be better after your workout.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have coffee only before a work out - I find lost of opinions on this and my guess is you just need to try out different things to see what works for you. After the workout I am HUNGRY and eat my first meal about an hour later, but I cannot run or push myself with a stomach full of food because I get ill-feeling.
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think partially it depends on what time you work out and what works for you. I usually have a piece of light bread with about one tablespoon of peanut butter on it about a half hour before I work out (eat at 5:30 am and workout at 6:00 am on the week days). Or another thing I've tried is one or two of this energy bites: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

I also make sure I drink plenty of water the night before/during the workout/after the workout and either have a glass of milk or a protein shake afterwards.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    In the morning I had veggie mix in brown rice with a bit of butter. Then I made a soy milk, blackberry, and protein powder shake thing. I have 700 moar calories left to eat so I'll make some salad with nuts later.
    I dont really follow the conventional breakfast/lunch/dinner thing, I just eat my foods when I feel like eating.

Maybe you were just having a slow day OR you worked out too soon after eating. If you wait 2 hours after eating a meal then you shouldnt have issues.