Hey! Trying to lose the pounds.

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for about two years now, but always get off track. So this time I'm trying something new. I'm open to any tips anyone has! I'm about 180 (my weight fluncuates to 180-186 I hope thats normal). I want to get to 150, but my ultimate goal weight isnt a number, its just how I feel! I'm also trying to get my metabolism up because I know its not the best. So if anyone has any tips please help! Thanks :)

Replies

• hannah_alfie
    Options
    Hi! :D in total I've lost 2 stone in about 3 and a half months, tips to rise metabolism are to eat chilli, grapefruit, also get at least 8hrs of sleep every night, if you start the gym or a physical activity your metabolism will speed up:) also it'll help you loose weight, cut down to about 1200-1300 calories a day and limit yourself to 40-50 grams of fat a day and just generally stay active and healthy:)
    Hope this helps! xx
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    ...and cut out the empty calories of sugar and simple carbs---you can't afford them on a calorie-restricted diet. :smile:

(Also, sugar and simple carbs spur appetite--you can eat a bit more fat if you restrict carbs to 100-200 grams. Fat is more satisfying and it keeps you feeling less hungry.)