I Really Want a Cupcake

Options
I'm not going to have one, but I really, really want one.

What are your coping techniques for sweet cravings?

Replies

• eliz405
    eliz405 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hungry-Girl.com
    They redo lots of foods including cupcakes. I got a book from the library 200 recipies under 200 calories. I've tried a couple and they are pretty good. YOu can tell they are healthy bu t they serve their purpose well. THey also have alot of recipies on the website.
    :flowerforyou:

Enjoy
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    cake mix + diet sode INSTEAD OF the other ingredients; make into cupcakes - less than 10 calories each! Top w/ cool whip and makes for a guiltless sweet treat - we LOVE them!! :love:
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Look for the receipes on the diet soda cupcakes... they are actually really good! What I like for sweet cravings: sugar free pudding (60 cals), skinny cow treats, Luna Bars, Slimfast snack bars.... raisins, apples with caramel dip, Del Monte fruit cups
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I'll try them.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Have it but eat half and maybe skip the frosting.
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    me too:blushing: . I like the suggestions here. Thanks!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Dryers Fruit and Ice Cream Bars - 45 calories and yummy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - spice cake mix, 15 oz can of pumpkin and a bag of chips. about 84 calories and 3 g fat a cookie based on it making 4 doz
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm using Susan Hepburn's Hypnodiet and she says it's much better not to ban things in order to lose weight. It's that rebellious twitch - if you cant have it, you want it. If you don't ban anything, it becomes less appealing. I know there's the whole sugar craving thing but it's half psychological. It works for me!

...there's also the option of just avoiding areas where you might find the high calorie treat.

edit:
    And just like kellygirl says, have it but have only half and skip the topping. If you throw away half of it, you'll not have the option to go for more and your body will adjust to it everytime you treat yourself to it.
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    cake mix + diet sode INSTEAD OF the other ingredients; make into cupcakes - less than 10 calories each! Top w/ cool whip and makes for a guiltless sweet treat - we LOVE them!! :love:

These are good, I've tried different flavors of cake mix and diet soda, even my kids like them. I believe you've got the calories wrong though. They are definitely more than 10 calories each! A cake is usually 12 servings and the calorie info on the box is per serving. Sounds like you divided the per serving info by 12!
  • lilchino4af
    Options

These are good, I've tried different flavors of cake mix and diet soda, even my kids like them. I believe you've got the calories wrong though. They are definitely more than 10 calories each! A cake is usually 12 servings and the calorie info on the box is per serving. Sounds like you divided the per serving info by 12!
    The 12 servings is if you were to make it into a cake and cut it into 12 slices. If you make cupcakes, it's 24 servings. For example: Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow Cake mix = 180 calories; makes 24 cupcakes = 7.5 calories per cupcake. Diet soda = 0 calories. The less than 10 calories per was taking into account any lite/fat free cool whip on top.
  • MystAKAlKonceit
    MystAKAlKonceit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Give your body wht it asks for or you will go absolutely insane! That dosent mean eat a dozen...but maybe one of those mini cupcake or even look at the hostess/little debbie section they have 100 calorie snack packs of all kinds of sweets! Especially during "that" time of the month u might kill someone if u dont have something sweet lol =)
  • lilchino4af
    Options
    Dryers Fruit and Ice Cream Bars - 45 calories and yummy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - spice cake mix, 15 oz can of pumpkin and a bag of chips. about 84 calories and 3 g fat a cookie based on it making 4 doz
    Just mix, pumpkin and chips? Nothing else? I'm so going to have to try this!!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    At Wal-mart you can get 100 calorie muffins. They come in Banana Nut, Chocolate Chip and Blueberry. They are very good and taste like cupcakes without the frosting to me. Usually at the section around the baked goods. Same as the bigger size muffins they sell but smaller.
  • nikkolatwell
    Options
    I feel you I so want a cupcake or mayne some peanut butter MMs
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really wanted a slice of my co-worker's friends Famous Whiskey Walnut cake.. but I resisted. I treated myself to a big tall glass of water...lol maybe I will treat myself tomorrow, but since I knew I wouldn't be spending 40 mins in the gym I decided to skip the deserts today. Hungry Girl has some great ideas for "sweet-stuff"!
  • MiniRose2B
    Options
    When I get those sweet tooth cravings I make the WW's brownie's/ big cookies; one box of triple chocolate cake mix and one can of pumpkin, add 1/2 cup of water if mix seems to dry. bake @ 350 for about 28 min's. It makes 16-18 large soft cookies. yum!
    oh yes, they are about 225 calories per cookie.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this recipe the other day and I tried it and its grrrreat and lots of good protein.

1/2 scoop cocoa protein powder (appx. 1.5 tbsp)
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. sugar or whatever sweetener you like
    1 egg white
    1 tbsp applesauce or pumpkin

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a coffee mug - mix in the egg white and pumpkin. Stir until the batter is thick.

Microwave for 1 minute, loosen cake with knife around edges, and flip mug over plate to gently release it.

Cut the cake in half and top it with your favorite spread! I had mine with peanut butter, but you could do cream cheese, yogurt, etc.

Each cake has approximately 90 calories, 6 grams of fat, and about 10 grams protein! (without topping)

Enjoy! It's delicious!
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Think you meant to post "less than 150 calories each". If they were only 10 calories, I'd eat the whole mix in one sitting! :bigsmile:
    You sure the cake mix is not 180 calories per serving?

I used the reduced sugar mix and a diet coke, made 12 cupcakes and the calories were 150 each. Even at 24 cupcakes, it would make them 75 calories each, using the reduced sugar mix! Not counting any toppings...
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I vote for eat the cupcake.
    You will go nuts depriving yourself.
    Better to eat one small cupcake and do a 20 minute workout to makeup for the calories than to binge later because you deprived yourself.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yes, just mix together a spice cake mix (dry), 15 oz canned pumpkin and 1 pkg chocolate chips. You can add an egg or two if you want but then it will raise the fat, cholesterol, etc. but probably not much. I really don't know how many this makes per batch so I just guessed but it is low fat since the only fat would be from the chips and if there is any in the cake mix. I made some yesterday and just baked a couple of pans and then froze the dough. Less temptation to keep eating them if they're sitting there and you can have fresh baked cookies each time!