Another Newbie!

Options
Hi there everyone,

Been lurking for a few days now and starting to get the hang of the food and exercise diary so thought I'd say hi!

I'm 25 and have 2 lovely (most the time!) children, I lost 1 and a half stone with Slimming World last year but put back on 10lbs over Christmas. I started counting calories about 5 weeks ago and have had some ups and downs but I'm stuck with the last few lbs that I want to lose and have really been enjoying reading everyones exercise/diet tips!

I look forwards to chatting and sharing tips! :o)

-x-x-

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Can you explain to those of us across the pond what a "stone" is in terms of weight?
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey :o)

No probs, a stone is 14lbs so I lost 21lbs last year and maintained from June until Christmas :( When I fell off the wagon with a massive thud haha.
    -x-
  • surlydave
    Options
    Thanks for educating me! I hear you, I had a massive off the wagon thud of my own.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    The cupcakes look good. :)

Welcome - nice picture on the pole. I could only pretend to imagine being in that position. :)
  • gemmawarboys
    Options
    Hi, I only joined this at the weekend and haven't written anything on here yet but thought I'd say hi as you sound similar to me, I have put on a bit of weight since Christmas, I got married in Mexico last year and managed to maintain my weight within a couple of pounds until the Christmas chocolates arrived and that is my main reason for being here, I'd ideally like to lose about a stone. I am 27, with 2 children also (both girls, 2 and 3 years old) and LOVE pole dancing, have a pole in my lounge which is always a talking point with new visitors. Great exercise though, shame I can't find pole dancing in the exercise section :-( So anyway, just thought I'd say hello and maybe we can share weight loss or pole dancing experiences ;-)
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me if you like!
  • mdrk
    mdrk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hello!!!!!
  • surlydave
    Options
    Who knew pole dancing was so popular in the UK?!!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi, I only joined this at the weekend and haven't written anything on here yet but thought I'd say hi as you sound similar to me, I have put on a bit of weight since Christmas, I got married in Mexico last year and managed to maintain my weight within a couple of pounds until the Christmas chocolates arrived and that is my main reason for being here, I'd ideally like to lose about a stone. I am 27, with 2 children also (both girls, 2 and 3 years old) and LOVE pole dancing, have a pole in my lounge which is always a talking point with new visitors. Great exercise though, shame I can't find pole dancing in the exercise section :-( So anyway, just thought I'd say hello and maybe we can share weight loss or pole dancing experiences ;-)

Hey!

We do sound similar, I also have a pole in my living room haha. My friends love it! I've only been doing in for about 10 months and have 1 lesson a week at our studio :o)

sweetbn - the cupcakes do look good don't they :o) It's the cupcake tower that I want at our UK wedding reception next year! (After getting married in Zante).

Thanks for all of the welcomes :o)
    -x-x-