Protein lovers!

Options
Hello MFP friends!

I absolutly love protein and can't get enough of it. I wanted more variety with my protein intake, so I wanted to ask you what is your protein source.

Here are my main protein sources:
-chicken breast
-tofu
-all natural peanut butter
-egg whites

Replies

• danceym
    danceym Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What you are having plus

whole eggs - mostly it's for taste I mix 1 egg with egg whites
    Lean beef
    Lean pork
    Other chicken parts

I'm not a bean eater but want to add these to my diet at some point because everyone says they're good for me. :)
  • julesan902
    julesan902 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    "All natural peanut butter" -- The calories in PB are NOT worth the protein (I see you're trying to lose a significant amount of weight - good for you!) I would not look to PB as a "main protein source."

Here are some alternatives:

-fish (tilapia, cod, haddock, salmon, tuna - one small clover leaf container can contain almost 20g of protein)
    -whey isolate (assuming you're taking this)
    -greek yogourt (comes in a variety of flavours - i prefer plain as it has the least amount of sugar, and the most protein)
    -cottage cheese (~ 32g protein per 2 servings)
    -beef jerky (if you're not worried about sodium intake)
    -lean pork chops
    -red meats
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    Venison, Lots and lots of venison!
    Shrimp
    Fish
    Crab
    Sashimi
  • soliddreams
    Options
    Make sure that if you get the cottage cheese/greek yogurt, that you don't get the sugared up versions.

Quinoa is a really good protein if you just gotta have some sort of grain. I mostly eat steak, chicken, tilapia, and salmon, trying to eat only organic/non farm bred even though it's expensive as crap. Get whole chickens and cook em that way!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Eggs, various protein shakes and bars, chicken, greek yogurt, cottage cheese.