The in between moments - what do you do?

Options
What do you do when you have the moment of .... "I'm not hungry but I think I need to snack"?

Right now I drink a full glass of water, or busy myself with something... but looking to others to see what you do when your in the in between moments?

Replies

• 123yenta
    Options
    brush your teeth might help?
  • marie5282
    marie5282 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum seems to help me if the water didn't do too much for curbing the craving. Sometimes it's just that I need to chew something...
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If I have calories left, I'll eat a hard boiled egg. And then go and do something physical, whether it is cleaning a bathroom or doing laundry. Anything to get me away from that dreaded fridge!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Why would you think you need to snack if you are not hungry?
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    I snack when I'm bored. That's not hunger, that's lonely fat cells., I agree, brush your teeth, drink water, and distract yourself.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I chew gum and tell myself in 30 minutes i'll have hot cup of tea. I drink water all day, so the tea is something different and it's hot so I can't drink it fast which makes it last longer. I wait the 30 minutes because it makes me focus on the clock and not the vending machine, lol. And it kills time (if I wait long enough, I convince myself it's too close to.the next meal or bedtime to use my calories on a snack I don't even need),
  • mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking a lot of tea in the evening when I want to snack.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Video games, call a friend, go to the gym, go for a walk, ride my bike, make food for someone else, light some candles and take a bath, play with my dog, browse my MFP newsfeed or forums. Those are just a handful of possibilities. Bottom line, distract yourself. You're not hungry, you're bored. Go do something to be not bored.
  • big10lolly
    big10lolly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make celery sticks in a zip lock bag. When I want munchies after meals I go get a handful. Not many calories and are very crunchy.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm confused. Why would you think you need to snack if you are not hungry?

Because you always have room for steak.. or at least I do, lol

OP, are you just trying to stay on schedule and eat every few hours?