Feeling ill an hour after a workout, after eating dinner

I've been having problems the past week or so where I feel nauseous about 20 minutes after I've eaten dinner following a workout. I typically eat an apple an hour before I run (about 3 miles) or have eaten recently, shower, and then eat dinner. After I eat dinner I begin to have an uneasy stomach. I never feel sick during my workout and am not new to running or weight training. Has anyone had this issue before?

Replies

• It may seem bizarre....but what are you eating the night before your workouts?

I've noticed that after eating a light dinner (especially one low in carbohydrates), workouts the next day leave my stomach uneasy for the rest of the night...

Just a thought...

Also....are you noticing it's isolated to either a cardio or weights routine? Both require different nutrients (i.e. endurance vs. muscle toning/strengthening)....

Other possibilities....are you drinking enough water in preparation for the workout? That's another source of possible stomach pain...

If you're really thirsty after a workout, that's a good sign that you're dehydrated and need to prepare your body better for the act...
  • Lucy177
    Lucy177 Posts: 35
    I do a lot of running and periodically feel sick ( it's not unusual ) . It could be hormonal or that I have pushed myself too much. I think it's just that when you are running you are jumping up and down so much that it makes you feel ill. On long runs I often feel a bit ill and I either have a sports drink or the feeling passes. Bananas and a glass of milk are good for recovery. Don' t worry about it, keep running and as our bodies get trained to do these runs I' m sure it will get better.

Good luck x