Well, Hell.

Options
2»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I wake with full intention of working out and on most days I do do something....just not for very long. There lies one issue. I feel that I should be able to work out for 20 minutes a day...not too heavily and restrict calories and POOF...weight gone when I know sure as hell that it won't work that way.

This is exactly what I did and I've lost nearly 40 lbs. Just start with what you can do and work from there. It also might help to find something you love to do that is physical. I love to walk the beach, so once a week or so I go down there and walk for at least 2 hours. I can only do that because I love it, I can't do boring exercise.

As far as calories just make small changes. Work on portions first. Then when you get that down work on healthier food choices.

You can do it!
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What worked for me when I started was changing how I thought. I took it one day at a time, one meal at a time and one workout at a time. If you are normally active doing something (as I am) then that alone isn't enough. Your body is already used to that. Go for a long walk or find a dvd you love to do. The first few months of changing how you eat and getting into a workout routine are the hardest. After that you begin to love it and it now is a way of life.

Also, if you are truly eating 1000 calories per day or so, no that sure isn't enough to fuel your body.

Good luck to you, you CAN do this.
  • jman369
    jman369 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try reading Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, recently finished reading it and I gotta say it's hard to argue what he says. It's freaky how full you can get on the good stuff and it tastes great and has fewer calories than the other options. I never thought I'd get to below 200lbs, but after reading it and committing to it, I see no reason why I can't achieve my ideal body weight. Greens n Beans baby! Currently @ 204lbs started exercising in Aug weighing in at 242lbs. You can do it!
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Much love, thanks for the motivation!