the weigh in

Options
How often should i weigh my self and update the ticker? Once a week per month???????every two weeks???
Thanks

Replies

• IronGirlShae
    IronGirlShae Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday am before breakfast. I started the diet on a Friday, so I just check back once a week. I do my measurements once a month. And will I try to take a new pic once a month.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Up to you, but I'd heavily advise against daily weigh ins. Personally, I need the discpline of weekly weigh ins -monthly wouldn't be often enough for me.

I've found with my husband and myself that sometimes weightloss goes in fortnightly cycles i.e. even when you're doing all the right things you can not lose much, then if you persist you lose more the next week.

Whatever you decide, stick with it and you'll get there!
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby weigh in every Monday...
  • HeatherStorey
    HeatherStorey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturdays.
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Once a week should be plenty. I've done the daily thing and it can be HIGHLY discouraging. If you're losing the weight the way you're supposed to, it generally comes off slowly. That being said, flucuations can occur that may show a few ounces heavier one day....maybe even a pound. If you KNOW you're doing the right thing...eating right, staying in your calories, loggin in, exercising, etc., those fluctuations can be disheartening.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    How often should i weigh my self and update the ticker? Once a week per month???????every two weeks???
    Thanks

Whatever you want .... I weigh myself every day ... Some ppl can't do that though because they get discouraged when you don't lose any thing or gain ... so do what ever works for you IMO. If you can't realize that it takes time and is a long process I would say do it once a month.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's completely up to you. Not this week, but typically I weigh-in everyday -- keeps me more accountable for how the previous day affected my weight. But some people prefer once a week, or less often.
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday mornings before breakfast :) I have sneak peeks throughout the week to make sure i'm on track. But I probably wouldnt weigh everyday.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • megd726
    megd726 Posts: 31
    Options
    It's up to you. Currently I am weighing in daily (or at least every day I'm near a scale) as I need that reminder throughout each day why I'm doing this. I have had days where I have been up and that can be discouraging. I have learned how to shush the negative voices (not an easy task) and use it as fuel to motivate my day. I imagine at some point in time once I am more confident that I have made a lifestyle change (I'm less than a month into it right now), I will reduce my weigh-ins. I think everyone needs to decide what works for them and be willing to make changes as he/she progresses on his/her journey.
  • jrauch10
    jrauch10 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do it almost every day, but always in the morning before eating and after using the bathroom. Sometimes the number goes up, sometimes it goes down. But I only update on the days where I'm down!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I always feel that weighing daily is too often (your weight can fluctuate so much over a week that you can easily be discouraged when your weight goes up day after day only to drop again). I also feel that weighing any less often than once a week is not enough - once a month and I'd feel like I'm not monitoring myself enough and I wouldn't know if I was going off track.

I weigh once a week, on Sunday mornings, after peeing and before breakfast. It seems to be working for me!
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh daily. But weigh in whenever you feel you need to. I only log my weights on here weekly though.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Totally up to you! When I first started my weight loss, I weighed in every month, than afer about the first 50 pounds I started weighing in every 2 weeks. That is what I have stuck too!

I do also suggest taking your measurements as well(every month). Taking monthly measurements showed me the areas that needed work, and the areas that were improving.

Good luck!
  • fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day once I get up, before I eat anything and after going to the bathroom.

Sometimes my weight can go up by as much as three pounds, sometimes down by as much as three pounds.
    But I generally wouldn't consider myself to have lost weight unless it was the same weight for 3 or 4 days on the trot.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I do it daily cause I like to know where I stand. lol Last time I tried doing it once a week.... I ended up gaining a few and got discouraged. :/
  • mommykitty81
    mommykitty81 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i try to weigh myself everyday but don't log it on here but twice a week (sometimes daily depends on my mood). seeing the scale everyday keeps me motivated to keep going. I know the weight won't come off over night as it was not gained over night.

good luck with your decision.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I log it once a week but sometimes sneak a peak throughout the week to see if I'm heading in the right direction.
  • TattedCharli
    TattedCharli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do "check in" and update my ticker once a week. Wednesday is my day :-)