5'3' 229 but my goal is 130.... im doubting myself

Options
5 days in and I'm already feeling like Idk if I'll. Ever see a small healthy me.. I made a collage motivation board and hung it upand. I also hung up my "before" pics which are just me now and it helped but now I am doubting if I will ever be smaller... I don't really remember ever being fit but I want it so bad... I'm afraid to fail...

Replies

• samarlove
    Options
    Don't doubt yourself! It takes time trust me. Think of it as a healthy lifestyle change, not as seeing a small you! Because for all you know you may reach your goal before actually hitting your goal weight. Remember we didn't put this weight on over night so we have to give it time to lose it too. Of course its much easier to gain, but if you really want it bad enough you will do it! Good luck!
  • prettypincushion
    prettypincushion Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you can absolutely do it. It does take discipline and hard work but it can happen. If you want it you will make it happen. There are plenty of people on here who have struggled with weight problems their whole lives. They didn't start out skinny and are only seeing a thin version of themselves for the first time now. If you are too scared to try because you don't want to fail then you are already failing yourself by not giving yourself a chance. You can't fail if you give it all you've got. And there are plenty of people here willing to support you and give you that extra push. You can do this
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just do something small each week. One week, focus on water. The next, reduce the sugar in your coffee. The next, go for some walks. Small steps and before you know it, you'll be healthy and on your way. Be patient, too... remember that you didn't gain the weight in a month, and you won't lose it in a month either! I've taken a year to lose around 60 pounds, and I still have 30+ to go, but I feel healthier every day. You'll change. Just keep working at it! (And feel free to add me if you'd like!)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I felt the same when I started out. Tried every diet, none worked, didn't believe I would ever be smaller.

But guess what? I am. You can be too. Just keep going.

Throw away the doubts. You can do it. Check out the success stories on here you will see that all those people succeeded because they never gave up. They just kept going even when they had doubts, even when they hit plateaus that lasted for weeks they still kept going and in the end they got where they wanted to be.

You can do it, really you can.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't be afraid! If you have to, set smaller goals for yourself. My original goal weight was 150 cause I didn't want to aim too low or think that I could never be that weight again. Some people like seeing the big picture, but I had to break it down.
  • ccviau
    ccviau Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you for starting. You will get there. Perhaps start smaller goals for yourself and work your way down. Keep writing everything down. That alone helps motivate you.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It happens :) Don't let it discourage you too much! Make it through this week and then try the next. What really worked for me was taking weekly photos.

I'd get bummed and unmotivated and then after looking at my new photo and comparing it to the last weeks or the first day (depending on how far in I was) I'd realize that, "hey my arms are shrinking!" or "Dayum ;) them calves!" haha

Find something that works for you. :) Or focus on little things while the bigger picture (the whole you) is getting to where it needs to be :) Maybe one week focus on how nice your arms are looking, or how much less food you feel like you need. Or how much more water your drinking, or how much easier and quicker you can take the stairs.

In any case, if you want to be 130 and fabulous, you'll make it happen! Don't lose hope! You are a strong motivated woman to get yourself here, don't let your mind prove you wrong!
  • blurfish
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Do what you need to do for that day and don't stress yourself out about how long it may take you to get to your goal. Just take it one day at a time.
  • Misspositiveme
    Misspositiveme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No doubting.. we got this .. I'm 5'0.. I started at 250lbs.. I'm now 209lbs.. next goal is 198. My final goal is 150lbs. It took God, patience, and all my Great Friends on this site to keep me going.
    Let's keep each other focus.
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I've been there. Sometimes I think that I will never reach my goal and fail. I know it's hard at first but you can't expect the change to happen in 5 days. It's a slow process but you got to start believing in yourself that you can do this. You already put in 5 days - what's another 5 days? Just keep doing it and the next thing you know, you will see and feel the changes. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Another thing that you can do is establish mini-goals and reward yourself once you achieve those goals - be it a new pair of skinny jeans (yipee!) or a day at the spa or anything just to keep the motivation going.

Good luck and I'll add you so we can keep each other in check :flowerforyou:
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    look everyone is afraid of failing. its the people who realize that this journey will not be smooth, that there will be bumps in the road and realize that just because they had one bad day doesnt mean that its the end for them; those are the people who succeed. right now its important to take it one day at a time. realize that your human your not perfect, and its ok to make mistakes. there are weeks that you will lose big, small, not at all or even gain it it how you come back that shows your true stregnth and character. someone I know once told me this. " you have to teach your body to eat and be a certain way. that the new you has to overcome the old you. for me that means my body has to relearn after 20 plus years of abuse how to be healthy.
    It wont happen over night or even in the first couple of months but the more you work on it the better it gets.
    someone on here posted this. the real battle doesnt begin until week 2 because thats when complacency sets in.
    good luck you can do it and feel free to add me.
  • jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    Options
    Latasha,
    Welcome to MFP. You have made the first step in success by just joining and having the "Want to" congratulations on that. :drinker:
    We all go through this and we all need additional help to meet our goals. I am in the Fab~n~Fit 8 week challenge. We are in the second 8 weeks and in 3 short weeks they will begin another level. I invite you to join for the motivation and support. You can find it on the group page and if you send a personal message to Badfattitude she can get you started. She is one of the leaders. You will have fun, meet many new people who will give you support and I guarantee we will help you be successful.

I encourage you to check it out. Hope to see you in the group. :flowerforyou:
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Just take it one day at a time, one piece of food at a time. Look at all the success stories on here, you can be one too, they aren't any better then you, don't have more will power then you, they are just like you and they did it.
  • blessedlady1234
    blessedlady1234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi , you can do it , just remember to speak positive and realize that each pound and each positive choice will help you reach your goals. We didn't put in on overnight and it's not coming off overnight but if you keep taking steps each day towards your gaols it will come off. :smile:
  • flabbytofabby
    Options
    We're looking at loosing the same amount of weight I've lost 4lb since jan 1st (obviously mostly water weight) but I keep having patches of doubt also but you can 100% do it :) x
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    What has helped me is going to mybodygallery.com and looking at pictures of women who are my height and my goal weight and thinking "I want to look like her." Also, searching the web and finding clothes I want to fit into and saving the pictures to my computer. If I'm ever feeling like I won't get there, I do one or both of these things and tell myself that I DESERVE to look like that, and wear those clothes!

Also, read this. I have it bookmarked on my computer. It is awesome. Find out these numbers, eat an amount of calories that is under your TDEE but not too low so you feel like you're still eating plenty. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Lastly, if you have any friends near you who are also trying to lose weight, get them on board with you! It's always easier to be motivated when you have somebody to cheer you on! Best of luck!

And I'd like to add that I'm also 5'3 and I started at 220. You CAN do it. :wink:
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Just remember it is not a race, but, a lifestyle change. Start logging daily, and it is a great motivator to stay on track. YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU ARE WORTH IT!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Set small goals. Take it one day and five pounds at a time. My ultimate goal is to make it to at least 170. I think I'll look fantastic at that weight because I have a large frame. But if I dwell on it, it feels completely unobtainable and I feel like crap. I think UGHHHH it's going to take a LONG time. Think of all the exercise it's going to take. All the food measuring I have to do. All the dedication and willpower. It's easy to get down thinking that way. But I'm setting small goals. Right now I want to see 260. After that, 250. Don't look at the big picture, look at every pound as a major victory.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The best thing is to have smaller goals & you won't feel like it's so far off & unattainable. It took you quite a while to gain the weight, you will not lose it any quicker. Don't think about failing, take a deep breath, tell yourself you Can do it & you WILL do it. Set your goal at 10 to 20 lbs gone, give yourself a reward each time you lose that amount, eg: spa day, new earrings, new shoes, etc. (no food):smile:

You can do this!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was in the same place as you once... I'm 5'2" and weighed 222 at my heaviest. I was so sure that I would fail at this that I never took any real "before" pictures, so you're a step ahead of me there.

You just need to have patience and perseverance -- if you want it badly enough, try hard enough, and realize that you *will* have occasional setbacks along the way you will be just fine.

Good luck!!! :smile: