i am weak

Options
i am having a bad day today, one of those days were i can not stop thinking about food. i am stuck at home bored with a small child.

i can't go run on the treadmill because my toddler is awake. i can't workout in front of the TV because she keeps getting in the way tripping me up.
so i am sitting and watching movies with her, and thinking about food, and i keep going to the fridge looking for something to snack on.

i can't drink much more water.
and now we have cookies in the oven. ughhh!
i want to eat everything.

i am writing this to try to vent and put my stupid craving into words to try to get my mind off of eating (and actually while in the process of typing this i threw out half of the cookie dough.)
still want to eat, but trying not to.

Replies

• TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Bake something healthy, not cookies.
    Do sit ups with toddler helping.
    Do jumping jacks and get toddler to do a few too.
    Any movement is a good thing, turn off the movies and do something active with toddler, even skipping around the room is moving and it's good for you and toddler too.
    Eat a snack of healthy filling food.
    Have a cup of tea.

Here's hoping you can get over the hunger thoughts soon.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't be human if you didn't have weaknesses. It's ok. This is a journey - you will have ups and downs and you are recognizing them! SO important!

Can you indulge the little one in some activity to get your mind off of wanting to eat?

Do you have any calories left today? Can you make yourself some scrambled eggs or hard boiled eggs? Those are my "go to" snacks when I'm feeling weak.

Or if you have any chicken in the house, have a nice piece of chicken (boneless/skinless is best)

It's ok if you fall off the wagon - just get right back on!
    *hugs*
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: when my child was young i would go to the mall & walk to get exercise & would push child in basket. great work-out & gets you from eating.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    eat some cookies!

it's not going to kill you. no one day can make or break you.

if you're craving them to the point where you are posting on here about them, then eat a few and get the craving out of your system.

if you don't, you'll likely keep thinking about them, and end up binging much more at a later date.

log it all. tomorrow you can do a little more exercise or cut back a little on calories if you need to offset the cookies from tonight.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Any movement is a good thing, turn off the movies and do something active with toddler, even skipping around the room is moving and it's good for you and toddler too.
    Have a cup of tea.

I totally agree with TravelDog! And we are all weak, it's how we got in this situation in the first place. You have to create new good habits, focus on those, not on your deprivation.

God bless,
    Karen
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Can you take the kid out for a walk or go to a playground?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Have a cup of tea.

Here's hoping you can get over the hunger thoughts soon.

why are cookies unhealthy?

i am a firm advocate that there is no such thing as "good" foods or "bad" foods. the problem is not what you eat, it's how much and how often.

3 or 4 cookies are fine. they are not unhealthy. however, 34 cookies is going to be a problem.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    As one with a toddler, I am sympathetic. I know what it's like to try to work out at home with one underfoot.

No advice, just empathy. :flowerforyou:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    If you start working out around your toddler, chances are he/she will get used to it and stay out of your way. You'll also be demonstrating good healthy habits rather than vegging in front of the tv.

ETA that I am a mom and I have worked out around or with my daughter since she was born. It just takes time for everyone to adjust to the new habits.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i saw some yoga dvds where people do stuff with their kids that could be fun to do together

go through your house and clean out anything you shouldnt be eating especially if you're just getting started on this. if you dont need to be eating it (like chips and cookies, then neither does your toddler)

healthy things you can snack on are popcorn, kale chips, sliced avocadoes, homemade fruit salad dipped in greek yogurt.

i also agree with tea. david's teas has some yummy flavored teas that taste like desserts
    http://davidstea.com/

also if you're need to eat is actual hunger, maybe your calorie goal is too low for your needs or maybe you need to start eating foods that will keep you feeling fuller
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Go on a walk! Or like.. put up a gate and give the toddler some toys to hang out in one part of the room.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Get a stroller and it would be fun to take the baby for a stroll. Also, you can do squats with the baby too! Create lots of healthy snacks like peanut butter apples or ants on a log...YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    pick her up and do some squats while you watch movies! She will think it is fun and squats are basically an awesome move for your booty and legs! And she can be like your own personal set of adorable free weights :3
  • christinet8504
    Options
    You didnt say how old the kiddo is, but some of the best exercise Ive ever gotten is chasing my 6 year old niece and 3 year old nephew around a playground. I play the role of the evil "monster" and I chase those little kids until we're ALL exhausted. Its good for them too.
  • bgegli2013
    Options
    Try finding something to do with your hands while sitting. You might want to take up knitting or crocheting. Another idea is to sit down with your toddler and play. Have a tea party with stuffed animals, draw or color, or build something together.

I understand baking for children, but I found that I just had to stop because the aroma is just too much. Don't feel guilty about it, kids don't need the junk food either.
  • pinky_pie
    pinky_pie Posts: 127
    Options
    Still with us, OP?

I have a toddler nephew that I babysit, so I understand how underfoot they can be :) He loves to dance to music, and I dance with him for exercise! He also loves being chased lol At the end of the day, I'm exhausted.

Even a little play with the kids is as good for us as it is for them :)
  • parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree -- dance! When I was baby sitting, that was a great way to wear out a 4 year old! Even if yours is too young to have a long attention span, dance while you're making the cookies -- then eat one :tongue: But when you eat it, eat it dancing. Giggle about it with your kid, and enjoy every bite. Then dance some more! Like someone else said, you adjust tomorrow a bit if you have to and by the end of the week it won't make much of a difference.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Why don't you and the toddler go for a walk with a stroller or to a play area where you can play "follow the leader." Trust me, playing follow the leader with a toddler is an amazing workout.
  • weestinger
    Options
    i agree with the dancing, when my grandkids were young ages 1-4 i would dance with them all day the younger they are i would hold them and dance...they loved it, i loved it and it brought great joy to my heart which takes the place of the eating bug that attacks your mind and body....dance the day away...
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    i am having a bad day today, one of those days were i can not stop thinking about food. i am stuck at home bored with a small child.

i can't go run on the treadmill because my toddler is awake. i can't workout in front of the TV because she keeps getting in the way tripping me up.
    so i am sitting and watching movies with her, and thinking about food, and i keep going to the fridge looking for something to snack on.

i can't drink much more water.
    and now we have cookies in the oven. ughhh!
    i want to eat everything.

i am writing this to try to vent and put my stupid craving into words to try to get my mind off of eating (and actually while in the process of typing this i threw out half of the cookie dough.)
    still want to eat, but trying not to.

exercise with the baby..... here are a couple of sites with info. You can search for more.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CFAQFjAC&url=http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/week-27/exercise-with-baby.aspx&ei=EOHoUKeQLtSdqQGBl4GICw&usg=AFQjCNFGcftt4CVugKdVcZBYmQkVxheN-A&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.aWM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CFoQFjAD&url=http://www.parenting.com/gallery/exercises-to-do-with-your-baby&ei=EOHoUKeQLtSdqQGBl4GICw&usg=AFQjCNFzb2_ifVkjrwSIN6ho6WBknWvhaw&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.aWM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&ved=0CH0QFjAG&url=http://voices.yahoo.com/exercising-baby-lose-post-pregnancy-weight-2228960.html&ei=EOHoUKeQLtSdqQGBl4GICw&usg=AFQjCNEeNqDjbnv2XatNXo5cZtEI2rNuHA&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.aWM