5'3' 229.... i want to be 130.... im doubting myself

Options
5 days in and I'm already feeling like Idk if I'll. Ever see a small healthy me.. I made a collage motivation board and hung it upand. I also hung up my "before" pics which are just me now and it helped but now I am doubting if I will ever be smaller... I don't really remember ever being fit but I want it so bad... I'm afraid to fail...

Replies

• Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm at 201 and want to be at 125-130 too. I've got some work to do myself mentally. I've found some motivational quotes that may help. I need to print them off and post them like you're doing. You've got the idea. I've heard to try and remember it took long to put the weight on, it will take a while to get it off. I hope that helps. I'm gonna take your advice.
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'll quote what one of my friends has as her profile pic- "a year ago you will wish you had started today". I only say that to highlight the idea that if you are patient, give yourself permission to mess up and tell yourself that you WON'T give up until you reach your goal...
    you will get there. I'm not giving up until I do!
  • road2goal
    road2goal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can both do this! The mental is as important as the physical changes you need to make to accomplish any goal. You need to "Believe it to Achieve it". Another fave quote of mine is "you become what you believe". If you believe you can do it, you will. If you believe you can get to that number on the scales, you will. Even if you don't truly believe it at first, say it anyway and eventually you WILL believe it. What you fear, you draw near so don' t go into this fearing failure, instead believe in your success. You WILL get there. Have a look at all the success stories on the message board. They are not super heroes but they are regular people who set a goal and believed they could do it, and they did! You can do it too :-)). I believe in you both! Get in there and kick butt ladies :smile:
  • TattedCharli
    TattedCharli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time & set mini goals for yourself so you dont feel overwhelmed by the final goal you have set. You will see results soon. I promise. Keep up the good work! :-)
  • sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am also 5 days in but haven't had much doubt in myself if I am being honest, it's something I really want! If you just take it one day at a time I'm sure you can do it, have faith in yourself. Set your self mini goals to keep you motivated. I am 5 ft 4 and 177lbs, going to get down to 140 so 37lbs to lose hopefully by June! Keep up you're hard work and it will all pay off, wishing you luck and success! :-)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    set mini goals, shoot for onederland! (under 100) start small, then another mini goal. I started at 165 thinking it'll good to hit 145. Than I thought maybe I could get back into the 130's, and now I'm .5lb away from the 120's and never thought I'd be this low. Don't get discouraged and don't fight for those huge numbers. Slow and steady doesn't gain back. You'll do great, don't over think it. :)
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You won't be 130 overnight - just like you didn't get to 229 over night. Set mini goals that are easier to obtain. Such as "I'm going to drink all my water today."

When you do that - set another one

"I'm going to take the stairs all day."

Don't make your goals weight focused yet. Right now you need to try and get the eating under control. The first few weeks are tough. The first week being the hardest (I'm in my first week)

I decided that I wanted to get soda out of my life. It had become such a crutch for me and I found that when I had a soda, I immediately had to have a frozen pizza or chocolate or BOTH with it. I could have just eaten dinner, too - but if I was having a soda, I'd have to eat the other things, too.

I have had the withdrawal headaches and I tried to remind myself that they were temporary - and I just sucked down more water.

My first week is almost up and I've done pretty well. It isn't a diet - it's a lifestyle change

You CAN do this - and we are all here to help you!! :flowerforyou: