• AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Probably not in a healthy fashion.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    If you're morbidly obese, maybe.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Yeah depends how big you are to begin with. 15 pounds of fat in 6 weeks? good luck. It can probably be done, although I'm no scientist.
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    thats 2.5 lbs per week. Unless you are starting out week one as a very large person, theres probably no healthy way you could do this.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    What is your body fat percentage? If you have a body fat percentage over 30%, you can probably lose 15 pounds in 6 weeks. If you are in the leaner categories, it is a bit harder.

For instance, I've been at this since May 2012. My ticker is not exactly where I'd like it to be. :cry:
  • sanarabrock
    sanarabrock Posts: 4 Member
    It is possible, I did it a couple of years ago. I was being really strict with my eating, and burning at least as many calories as I was eating. I did 5 hours of Zumba every week and 2 hours of Body Pump. I controlled my eating by using Weight Watchers, but I didn't count my exercise on there or use the weekly extra points they give you. I wish I had that commitment level again!
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    I lost 30 lbs in 12 weeks, so... Yes. A year later, it's still off. Plus 30 more.

ETA: I was 200 lbs, and 6' tall. So not obese. Just make smart decisions and work hard.
  • I'm not sure but I have 9 pounds to get to my ideal weight and I can tell that it's going to be challenging and my saving grace would be to completely go CLEAN with my eating! I personally would be happy to lose 1 pound a week since it is the healthy way. But good luck! My Husband is a strength and conditioning coach and says that the last 5 to 10 pounds are the most difficult. So stay strong!
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    It's much more possible to LOOK like you've lost 15. Cut out inflammatory foods that make you bloated (for a lot of people, wheat, dairy, beans, broccoli, sugar... stuff like that, whatever you notice makes you bloat), eat clean (makes a HUGE difference--6 weeks of eating without chemical-ish weird additives will transform your body, and clean eating also makes workouts easier), and stand up straight.
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    In some cases possible! If you are very overweight and male no problem at all. If you are very overweight and female not much of a problem. If you are overweight and a soda addict not a much of a problem either. It all depends on you and the particulars. I think it could be done with dedication and work.

I've lost 11 lbs over about 4 weeks so that means I would have 2 more weeks to lose 4 lbs. I hope to be proof that it can be done or at least come close to it!
  • I lost 10 in 4 weeks....15 in 6 miiiiggghtt be possible, but its gonna take a lot of gym hours and a very strict healthy diet
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Possible? It depends.
    Healthy? Probably not, unless you are really obese, and even then, it will be mostly water weight.

To know how quickly you can lose weight safely, you need to know two numbers: your BMR and your TDEE.
    -BMR is the number of calories you would need daily in a coma. Your body uses those calories to keep your heart pumping, to keep you breathing, etc.
    -TDEE is the number of calories you burn each day, or the "calories out" side of the "calories in vs. calories out" equation. TDEE includes BMR plus the number of calories from your daily activities plus your exercise calories.

In order to lose weight and be healthy, you need to eat a number of calories between your BMR and your TDEE.

The only exception to this are people who are obese, and even then, it is only temporarily true.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    I agree w/the others that say depending on how much you weigh to begin with.

Healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week so you aren't trying to do alot more than that per wk, so it's possible, again...
    depending on your starting weight.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Yes it is.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Yes.... it is better diet and working out
  • klp63
    klp63 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm not sure but I have 9 pounds to get to my ideal weight and I can tell that it's going to be challenging and my saving grace would be to completely go CLEAN with my eating! I personally would be happy to lose 1 pound a week since it is the healthy way. But good luck! My Husband is a strength and conditioning coach and says that the last 5 to 10 pounds are the most difficult. So stay strong!

I am on my liast 15lbs. it's taken a year to get off. :(