5'3' 229 but my goal is 130.... im doubting myself

Options

Replies

• mommykitty81
    mommykitty81 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i am 5'2" and currently weight 227. I started my journey at 253. i have lost 26lbs since Sept 16 2012. It has not been easy but it has been worth it.

instead of working for a larger goal i set mini goals. My goal right now is reach 215 by Easter. The way things are moving right now I can do it before then but I am giving myself until Easter to get there. Each mini goal gives me something to work for and by then I can get myself a small reward - in clothing.

Good Luck!
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    To echo what everyone else is saying, take one day at a time. I would only suggest one thing...perhaps you should set your goal in smaller increments. Setting a goal to go from 229 to 130 may seem like bit much to take on. Set your goal in increments of 20lbs. That way 20lbs sounds a lot more attainable. Once you loose that 20, set your next goal for 20 more and so on.

You can do it! Feel free to add me for support.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Don't doubt yourself! If you work on it a little bit at a time and don't give up on yourself, you can absolutely reach your goal!

Also my sister lost about 100 pounds over the course of about a year, so it's definitely doable to reach your goal!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • angelacooper3
    angelacooper3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Give it another 3 weeks. You should see some results by then and results are the biggest motivator by far.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am a few inches taller than you, but I started in the same place. I am now nearly 70 ponds lighter and I feel great! Stick with it and don't get discouraged. Make friends here that are supportive and you will be fine!
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Take each day one at a time. You've already made the first step by logging onto myfitnesspal. That shows that you are committed to making healthy lifestyle changes. Don't think of this as a diet, but one out of many small steps to a better you. Make small goals instead of just focusing on the finish line. Its not going to happen overnight. Keep on pushing and slowly but surely you'll get there. Hope this help :smile:
  • ltnprnss
    Options
    You can absolutely do it! Within a few weeks you will start feeling the results and that will help motivate you all that much more. Not sure what you routine is but don't over do it. Even small changes in exercise will make a big difference. Make sure you set a realistic routine that you can stick with. And there's always us to help motivate ;)
  • fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was bout 257 when I started at the beginning of the Summer. And I thought I'd never lose anything.
    Even losing 1 or 2 pounds feels like nothing, but Im at 204lbs now so have lost over 50lbs.

Now that I'm going for 150lbs I again find it hard to see me ever reaching it, but I'll sure as hell try :)
  • Jaxter1104
    Jaxter1104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 5'2" and started at 210. I've lost about 4 lbs in a month but now i'm really motivated to change. You can do this! We can do this!! There are going to be setbacks but you just have to keep your goal in mind. I want to be 130 too but i'm giving myself smaller goals like 180 in 12 weeks. If I don't reach that goal, oh well, I just work a little bit harder! Stay strong hun you can do it!! I know you can!! Please do not hesitate to add me or message me if you need someone to go along this journey with. :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Whether you think you can or can't, you're probably right. The attitude and the mindset has to change first. If you are going to do this you have to be strong and determined not to let anything stop you. Nothing. It wont be easy, just worth it. Do you want it bad enough to fight for it?
  • suaocastle1
    suaocastle1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hang in there---you can do it! My diet coach tells me nothing comes without effort---keep your eating to every 3 hours, 5 times a day, keep meals under 275 calories for each 3 hour meal! You are eating your 1200 evenly throughout the day. Lots of veggies which add little calories! It is working for me---I exercise 5-6 times a week for a min of 30 mins. I started in Oct and have lost 14 lbs. I have dieted on and off my entire life---I know I can stick with this method-- Oh BTW you get one free meal a week for your efforts. Avoid alcohol it slows down your metabolism.....
  • Melymarky
    Options
    The more weight you have to lose, the quicker you will see results. Imagine what you will look
    Like minus those pounds, and in your dream dress, walking down the street with people who
    Haven't seen you in ages doing a double take :) I'm 5ft 2 ins and want to drop a couple of stone.
    I'm 10.5 stone at the moment. I have been 7.5 stone in the past, without killing myself, so it can
    Be done and I never felt as good as I did then. Cut alcohol if you drink, this is my weakness, and
    It makes a huge difference, get a fitness DVD, I've just started Gillian Michael's 30 day shred, the
    Reviews are amazing. I'm trying to stick to 1200 cal a day as well. You will do it, but only if you can
    Get rid of your self doubt and get into a positive frame of mind. Lots of luck and oodles of cyber
    Motivation and support , go girl, new you by summer , it can be done ! Xxx
  • Rema0012
    Options
    By the time most people are ready to take action to lose weight, they are impatient. Unfortunately, quick weight loss often results in equally quick weight gain once the diet or short-term strategy is done. Gradual changes in eating and exercise habits give you a better chance to make changes that will last a lifetime.

A LIFETIME PLAN
    Rather than thinking about starting a diet, how about shifting to a lifetime healthy weight plan? The goal is not to deprive yourself of all your favorite foods, but to learn how to enjoy a wide variety of foods in moderation and to enjoy an active lifestyle—for life.
  • riboid
    riboid Posts: 31
    Options
    Put the application on your phone and as soon as you eat something, add it and be honest. This is a form of discipline too and if you can get into a routine with your phone, you can get into a good routine with eating.
    You have made the first step - that is the hardest.
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5 days in and I'm already feeling like Idk if I'll. Ever see a small healthy me.. I made a collage motivation board and hung it upand. I also hung up my "before" pics which are just me now and it helped but now I am doubting if I will ever be smaller... I don't really remember ever being fit but I want it so bad... I'm afraid to fail...

You've got this. You just have to remember there are going to be days that you slip up. There will be days that you don't give it your all. Just don't let those missteps derail you. If you have a bad day wake up the next day and tell yourself that you are going to do better. If you indulge for a meal don't beat yourself up. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. This isn't a race. It's a one day at a time deal. You're going o do amazing!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. As someone else said, one day at a time. Sometimes, one hour... one MINUTE... at a time. If I look at the big picture, sometimes it's too overwhelming. I find I do better with very small, time-limited goals. I can't say "I want to lose weight." I have to say... "I will lose 1 pound this week."

I wish you the best of luck. Please, try to focus on the here and now... and not worry too much about the big picture. You CAN get there doing it one step at a time.
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Don't doubt yourself!! I am 5'3" and started off at 214 pounds. I am down to 131! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    This is typical of those who make new year resolutions.
    It's normal, so don't feel bad. We all go through this.
    Those who can shrug off the shackles of doubt break free of the bonds of failure.
    You must decide to keep pushing ahead no matter what.
    You, and ONLY you author your future.
    Decide right now - NO STOPPING!
    You'll be so glad this time next year.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The best thing is to have smaller goals & you won't feel like it's so far off & unattainable. It took you quite a while to gain the weight, you will not lose it any quicker. Don't think about failing, take a deep breath, tell yourself you Can do it & you WILL do it. Set your goal at 10 to 20 lbs gone, give yourself a reward each time you lose that amount, eg: spa day, new earrings, new shoes, etc. (no food):smile:

You can do this!

^^THIS :)

I'm down 81lbs w/MFP, you can do this :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Just know it won't happen over night.... IT WILL TAKE TIME!!! Set your goals in the S.M.A.R.T method so that you won't fail :bigsmile: I started at 214 on Oct 14, 2010 and I got to 150.8 in June 2012. Stick with it through the hard times and you will get there eventually!

ETA: I am 5'3.5" and just turned 31 years old :wink: