healthy late night snacks

Candice83
Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi does anyone know of any low LOW calorie snacks i can eat after dinner... i find that by the time i'm ready to go to bed i'm beginning to feel hungry again and i find it really hard to sleep.. so if you have any idea on a food i can eat little of thats low in calories that will help me feel full and get to sleep that would be great.

Replies

• dan15
    dan15 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Candice,

I like fruit -especially Ya Pears aka applepears aka chinese pears are only 50 calories each, crisp, juicy and sweet. I love them chilled.
    OR Ryvita crispbread, rice cakes, carrots and hummous, 2oz chicken breast ...If you have almost met your calorie goal for the day there is also sugar-free Jello or drink some psyillium fibre mixed with water- drink it fast- it becomes gelatinous quickly, that's why it makes you feel full followed by a herbal tea to wash away the taste :)
  • Fruit...I make a fruit salad at the beginning of the week and that is my snacks for the week...I love cantelope, honey dew and golden honey dew....Sometimes I put in a small packet of fruit and yogurt snack and it's delishious and give you the sweetness you need...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Low calorie snacks:

peach or plum (30 calories)
    sugar free jello (10 calories)
    hummus and a few celery sticks (50 calories)
    sugar free philly swirl popsicle (16 calories)
  • hacketal
    hacketal Posts: 1
    I have heard that having 3 oz of cheese before going to bed gives you good dreams, I know it sounds crazy but it's worth a try. I would go with a Sargento Part Skim String Cheese, you are getting all the calcium and protein that is important for us women, but less fat. They also say that people that include more dairy in their diets are more likely to lose weight.

Hope this helps.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    I am an every 2-3 hour eater and although I try to not eat after 8:00 sometimes I simply must! I know that lots of people suggested fruits but personally unless I am combining that fruit with a protein and some fat, it really doesn't work for me.

My best choices are protein choices. So any meat, eggs, PB, or cheese. I never eat more than 200 calories and try to keep it between 100-150. I try to avoid fruits, breads, and anything artificial. For many of us by bedtime it may have been 6 hours since we last ate. If I don't then not only do I have a hard time falling asleep, I usually will wake up at 3 or 4 AM with a headache.

Hope this is helpful.
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Hi Candice, I usually have a glass of continental light chocolate soy milk, and a fiber one snack bar. This fills
    me up and is also good for me. :smile:
  • I like to have a cup of tea, some low fat popcorn, or cantaloupe, strawberries, and fat free whipped cream. It fills me up, quenches my sweet tooth and taste great.
This discussion has been closed.