5 pounds lost on 5th day of diet

Options
Gee, water weight loss is fun. I wish it were real. At least now I can claim I didn't gain over the holidays (although I'm probably fatter, but with less water). C'mon MPF..keep working! Hoping for 2 pounds a week until I'm out of the obese range.

Replies

• MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, those first few water weight pounds.... I don't care what anyone else has to say, it is very motivating to see that scale head DOWN when you're trying to stay motivated in those first days of weight loss, no matter that it isn't really fat. It's psychologically uplifting! Keep it up... those will be fat pounds before you know it!
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Water weight is "real" weight loss -- real because you've changed your eating habits. Don't discount your accomplishment!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    still great job no matter what!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Exactly! And also measure yourself because despite the water weight stuff, seeing the inch loss is very encouragi g
  • sirluck
    sirluck Posts: 14
    Options
    I have more energy too even though I haven't started exercising yet. There's definitely a under-reported link between a poor diet and fatigue/depression. As soon as I start eating right, I stop minding doing chores.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged when you start exercising and you start gaining...your muscles with start holding the water and may even look like you gained weight even though your eating healthy....best thing to do is keep what your doing up and lose the scale...weigh yourself once a month....you'll see the results with your clothes and just how you feel! This water weight think derails people quickly! Good luck on reaching your goals!
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss in my book! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!