need help

Options
hello everyone,i have no idea what to do
im getting married in march.i dont have any extra money for a scale or to go to the gym.so what do i so to stay motivated if i dont know my exact weight or i dont know if im loosing the weight

Replies

• grannyof3
    Options
    Many doctors will let you come in and get weighed for free.
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would visit your doctors office and see if they'll let you step on their scale. It's almost better that you don't have a scale because you won't weigh yourself all the time (LIKE ME, lol).. If that doesn't work then ask a friend or a family member if they have a scale you could use or borrow.. good luck!
  • karajulie
    karajulie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I dont have a scale either. I took my measurements so I can re-measure weekly (or whenever). I dont care what weight I am....I want to be a certain size....whatever weight goes with that so be it. If you think about it, you will loose inches if your losing weight, just a different way of tracking. Plus, the scale can be wrong( base on that time of the month, salt intake, etc). You can go on you-tube for exercise videos and many video stores rent them for free ( some libraries too). Hope this helps =)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you have a phone you can take pictures. Set a moderate deficit and try to exercise. You can do a few days of running. I would also highly suggest looking up body weight workout routines. This can substitute for weight training. Or if you can afford $30 then you can get a few resistance bands.

In terms of deficit, i would suggest 1 lb per week and eat 50% of your exercise calories. I would also adjust macros to ~ 30% carbs 40% protein and 30% fats.
  • marie5282
    marie5282 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

You could also measure inches or by changes in how your clothes fit. That is almost more motivating at times! Like the others before me have said, doctor's offices usually have no problem with letting you use their scale if you want to know weight.

As for working out without a gym membership, there are so many things you can do at home. Walking/running, using canned goods as light weights, up and down stairs, etc.

Good luck!
  • erica1835
    erica1835 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thank u all so very much
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    When I didnt have a scale I went by the scale section at walmart lol and there was almost always one out of the box for display or maybe that someone had taken out and id just step on it quickly. Sad I know...but I did finall buy a $10 one from walmart sooooo all that try did lead to a buy...but places like walmart...target...even department stores like bed bath and beyond sometimes have them out so if u are already there for whatever reason it wouldn't hurt to look. When I worked at walgreens in the pharmacy mannnny years ago we saw people come back and even take them out of boxes and weigh then put them back...I never went that far but if ones out already...why not
  • paredesm95
    Options
    Do it by inches instead of pounds. You can find a tape measure pretty cheap anywhere (mine was only $2 at walmart and I've had it for years). Going by inches actually motivates more because sometimes our weight doesn't reflect our body fat or size in general. Good luck! And remember you only have to weigh in/ measure every few weeks or so.
  • erica1835
    erica1835 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thanks both of u
    feel free to add me