Organic Whole foods, Juicing FRIENDS WANTED

Options
Hi, I'm back with a new profile and a new thought process towards nutrition. I'm looking for like-minded friends who strive to eat whole, organic foods and mindfulness of micro-nutrients, raw eating and especially those who JUICE because I'm new to juicing and just getting started.

My philosophy and intentions this time around are explained on my profile.

Looking for like-minded friends!!! :) Add me!

Replies

• Cheri_Alexander
    Cheri_Alexander Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cheri! A vegetarian for 3 years, all organic for 4 years, juicing for 2. I was just about to make a thread like this!
  • grannyof3
    Options
    I have been looking for a good juicer that is easy to clean....the ones I have tried are a HUGE hassle to clean. Do you have any recommendations?
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am curious why you pick juicing over smoothies? I have a vitamix and have a fruit/veggie smoothie every day. But I have I desire to clean a juicer, blech, plus the vitamix uses all the parts of the fruit/veggie with no waste. Bt, I no nothing about juicing so I assume there must be some reason why you prefer it?
  • saudade1
    saudade1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am curious why you pick juicing over smoothies? I have a vitamix and have a fruit/veggie smoothie every day. But I have I desire to clean a juicer, blech, plus the vitamix uses all the parts of the fruit/veggie with no waste. Bt, I no nothing about juicing so I assume there must be some reason why you prefer it?

I think there are benefits to both. Obviously getting the fiber of the pulp is good, but with juicing, you supposedly get more nutrients at higher concentration that are more easily absorbed by your body than when your body is expending energy to digest the fiber. I think both are good. I was actually thinking about getting the Nutribullet for smoothies because I can't afford a Vitamix. To be honest, I've only started juicing because a friend loaned me a juicer so it's available to me and I don't have a blender that does a good enough job for it.
    I have been looking for a good juicer that is easy to clean....the ones I have tried are a HUGE hassle to clean. Do you have any recommendations?

That's a good question. I'm using a very old Mr. Juiceman Jr. that a friend is letting me use until I buy one. I'm pretty sure what I'm using is the crappiest juicer ever, but I don't know the difference. It's not very easy to clean, but it's not terrible either if I clean it right away and not let anything dry up on it. I've heard good things about the Breville and will most likely get one of their lower end models in the next few weeks.