Anyone know any good booty exercises?

Options
Looking for some good booty exercises to do at home. I am looking to lift and tone not flatten and lose what I've already got. Thanks for any ideas you guys have!

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Squats! Lunges too.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Squats! Lunges too.

This
  • joel3736
    joel3736 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi how are you on this evening. I am personal trainer in Chicago and with regards to your question that I get a lot as a trainer, the obvious no thrills choice would be any type of squat, be it regular barbell back squat, prison squat, hindu squats, etc. just be sure to contract your gluteus muscles throughout the concentric (positive) phase of the movement (on the way up). Also Romanian deadlifts are a beneficial exercise for gluteal hypertrophy as well as raises in which you are sprawled on all 4's and raise one leg behind you at a time and contract the same sided gluteus complex. I hope this helps. Have a good evening.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Traveling lunges >. <
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    look up "pop-pilates what makes you bootyful challenge" on youtube.
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Squats

Find whatever you have that is easy to hold but heavy(like a 50lb bag of water salt or rice) and do 5 sets of squats.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    What auddii said!!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift :)
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Hi how are you on this evening. I am personal trainer in Chicago and with regards to your question that I get a lot as a trainer, the obvious no thrills choice would be any type of squat, be it regular barbell back squat, prison squat, hindu squats, etc. just be sure to contract your gluteus muscles throughout the concentric (positive) phase of the movement (on the way up). Also Romanian deadlifts are a beneficial exercise for gluteal hypertrophy as well as raises in which you are sprawled on all 4's and raise one leg behind you at a time and contract the same sided gluteus complex. I hope this helps. Have a good evening.
    what is the best way to do squats without blowing out the knees???
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    the bst way without blowing out the knees???

The best way to avoid blowing out your knees is to have proper form.
    Look up bodybuilding.com for form.
    Technique is EVERYTHING.
  • jlbram03
    jlbram03 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been doing The Butt Bible and I love it!
    Here's a link to level 1 for the lower body: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNxaXb5Ews
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    what is the best way to do squats without blowing out the knees???

1. Stop thread jacking

2. Practice Face the Wall Squats.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do at least 200 squats a day and Pop Pilates' Bikini Booty Thong Workout every other day. My flat *kitten* has expanded an inch or two outward in the past couple months. :smokin:
  • As a personal trainer, do the glutes take more/less time to build and see results? Also, what type of nutrition do you recommend for a beautiful Beyonce/ Kim booty?
  • Hi how are you on this evening. I am personal trainer in Chicago and with regards to your question that I get a lot as a trainer, the obvious no thrills choice would be any type of squat, be it regular barbell back squat, prison squat, hindu squats, etc. just be sure to contract your gluteus muscles throughout the concentric (positive) phase of the movement (on the way up). Also Romanian deadlifts are a beneficial exercise for gluteal hypertrophy as well as raises in which you are sprawled on all 4's and raise one leg behind you at a time and contract the same sided gluteus complex. I hope this helps. Have a good evening.

As a personal trainer, do the glutes take more/less time to build and see results? Also, what type of nutrition do you recommend for a beautiful Beyonce/ Kim booty?
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've been doing The Butt Bible and I love it!
    Here's a link to level 1 for the lower body: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNxaXb5Ews

I did BUTT BIBLE and wow does it make the booty burn! Great suggestion.
  • That is dedication! Awesome!
  • joel3736
    Options
    Well everyone is different in this regard, some people experience hypertrophy more easily in say the gluteus complex and maybe more slowly in another muscle group so it differs from person to person. As far nutrition, to induce hypertrophy, the golden rule is always to work at a caloric surplus, by consuming more than can be expended through exercise, and other daily activities. This is not to say that you should eat whatever is in site, but mainly to eat sensibly and increase your protein, I generally say to around 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and increase the carbs around your workout. I cannot prescribe a full meal plan as I am not a nutritionist, I am currently in school working towards that but cannot prescribe on at this time. But I can provide those such suggestions. Also be sure to decrease your calories, specifically carbs on off days.
  • joel3736
    Options
    The best way to avoid blowing out your knees of course is practicing good form on all squat movements. But if you are already predisposed to bad knees, then alternative squat movements would be the front squat and smith machine squat, but neither of these stimulate the gluteus complex to the same degree.
  • Thank you for all the tips!