Workout Video Recommendations

Options
I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred - have done this before but now I am seeking a new workout to add daily in addition to the 30DS. A workout video that involves short bouts of cardio and strength exercises, or anything similar to HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

Please post your suggestions, preferably a workout that has benefited you.

Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone with their fitness goals!! :)

Replies

• cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Insanity is pretty popular around MFP. I have it, it's pretty hardcore!
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you're not ready for Insanity, go with Turbo Fire. I absolutely LOVE it and it doesn't get boring at all. I dropped a lot of inches before seeing weight loss...but I think that goes with any fitness program.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I did P90X and had pretty good workouts but had to go back on a nasty medication and gained a lot of weight back. I'm waiting for clearance and will be trying out Insanity. Seems like fun!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys and gals!

I was checking out Insanity and will incorporate the fit test into my workout today. Been hearing from a lot of folks that they puked or felt like puking after doing this. Concerning... lol
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If you like 30 day shred and enjoy the concept Jillian has for that workout, you could try Ripped in 30. It is very similar but I found it a bit more challenging. There is also 4 levels instead of 3.
  • kit2783
    kit2783 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys and gals!

I was checking out Insanity and will incorporate the fit test into my workout today. Been hearing from a lot of folks that they puked or felt like puking after doing this. Concerning... lol

I heard the same thing. But then again I heard that people go sick using P90X and I never had a problem. Don't let it concern you, just take things slow and realize that programs like Insanity are designed to be tough. Baby steps!

Good luck!!
  • arbogak52
    arbogak52 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like ripped in 30. Also...her Yoga Meltdown is interesting.
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys and gals!

Definitely felt like puking after my first fit test :smile: LOL! It's an amazing program though, you will love your results.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you like JM and doing the 30 DS then I would maybe do a hybrid of that and Shred it with Weights. You can use dumbbells or a kettlebell (the dvd actually says to use a kettlebell but they actually use dumbbells!!!), I liked it.

At the moment I have just started doing JM's Body Revolution which is a 90 day programme, but the beauty for me is that it's only 30 mins each day.

I have done Insanity, lost inches rather lbs (which is good), first month was intense and workouts are 30 mins long, month 2 the workouts are then 1 hour and a killer. I didn't puke but felt very close to it and OMG was so hungry while doing it. In month 1 I was able to do other activities (zumba, walking etc) but in month 2 it was a 'chore' to get the Insanity workout in and was so exhausting!

good luck in whatever you choose. x
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    JM's Ripped in 30 is fantastic... especially if you like 30DS. P90x, turbofire, and Insanity are a bit more difficult but also amazing! Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy it :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    JM's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism is a killer cardio workout
  • Annie_Fannie
    Options
    If you like 30DS, you might want to look upJNL Fusion by Body FX. The plan has a similiar concept; combining strength and cardio bursts. 12 DVD set and all are around 30 minutes, so can be combined with something else if preferred. You do have to do your own warm up/cool down. Program is set up for 60 days. I honestly am only into my first week, but I love it and can't wait to get to the next workout. Heart rate stays up for the duration of the curcuits for a nice cal burn.

Best of luck on whatever you decide!

Edited to add: Congrats on the wonderful progress you have made! HIGH FIVE!
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    JM's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism is a killer cardio workout

I am doing this right now! When I first watched the video, I thought to myself that it didn't look as challenging as the other stuff that I have been doing and that it would be too easy...boy was I wrong! This is my third day of doing it and I am feeling pretty wooped! I have been adding in some Body Rock workouts afterwards to get my calorie burn for the day up to 700, so maybe I am overdoing it a little bit... I have done a LOT of the Jillian videos and though this one isn't my favorite, it isn't the worst either. I have to say though, I do miss Basheera! LOL!