Who's heard of this Green Coffee Bean?

I just saw a clip from Dr. Oz about a Green Coffee Bean pill that makes you lose weight fast. Has anyone heard of it or taken it? And what's the end-result?

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/01/can_you_trust_dr_
    oz_his_medical_advice_often_conflicts_with_the_best_science.html

Dr. Oz promotes junk. Read this.
  • HDD7401
    HDD7401 Posts: 14
    interesting....
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/dr-oz-and-green-coffee-beans-more-weight-loss-pseudoscience

Check this out as well. He pretty much destroys the study Dr. Quack..er..Oz cites.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    The end result is your wallet loses weight. There are no quick fixes or silver bullets.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Funny. I'm looking at a green coffee ad right now on the side of this site
  • fattyxoo
    fattyxoo Posts: 2 Member
    I fell for that garbage....didn't lose a pound, just my money. I stopped watching Dr. Oz after that, as my eyes were opened to the crap he's pushing.
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Personally I think the <insert latest gimmick for weight loss> fad just needs to be put aside and stick to the basics. There are NO gimmicks or quick fixes for healthier living and weight loss. It's all about being aware of what you put in your body, what your body needs and adjusting that. Stick with REAL food and REAL goals. I didn't gain my weight overnight. I'm not going to lose it overnight either. I have a lifetime of habits, quirks, crutches to work through and shuffle to find out what is best for me.

Depriving yourself of things you love to me is silly. You only have one life to live (unless you believe in reincarnation...a whole other topic). Enjoy life...but do it with a healthier outlook and goal.

I have discovered more about myself in the past year plus...and even falling for a few of the gimmicks myself. In the end...it still boils down to nutrition, measuring and being aware of what goes in my body...and output (energy, exercise, etc).

I think Dr. Oz like Dr. Phil got caught up in their own hype. I see it with so many of the others that start out promoting healthier living.