Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV: First time that I haven't overate at a restaurant

I went out to Outback Steakhouse tonight and even though I didn't really want it, I ordered the chicken on the barbie with veggies. To my pleasant surprise, the chicken was absolutely delicious! Also I had much less of the bread and butter than I usually do. I know this probably isn't that big of a deal to some people, but this is the first time in gosh I don't even know how long that I didn't overeat at a restaurant. I usually fill up on bread and then have an entire entree with a ton of calories. However, this time I was strong enough to resist those temptations and was able to eat healthy, stay under my calorie goal and still have fun at a restaurant! I can't say that I've ever done that before!

P.S. if you do go to Outback soon, you must try the chicken on the barbie! Not only is it delicious and healthy, it's only 401 calories! :drinker:

P.S.S. sorry if the title is weird or confusing...I had to shorten it

P.S.S. overeaten* my bad :blushing:

Replies

• CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Awesome! I just went to Denny's for the first time since starting my weight loss journey and I got something healthy, too! (:
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    thats amazing!!! Feeling in control is truly the best victory cause it shows you're really making this a lifestyle, and paying attention to your body and what you really want :) Good for you! Keep it up!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Restaurants are my biggest struggle. It's so hard to push the plate away. And it's really hard to NOT order the most decadent delicious thing on the menu! Good for you, for getting past that hurdle.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Only thing weird about the title is the fact it should be "overeaten", not "overate" :)

Congrats on your NSV though! It's great!
  • I am glad that you posted this! Eating out is such a huge hurdle for many of us to overcome. Thanks for sharing!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    No, it really is a big deal. I definitely strugged/struggle with this a lot. But on the occasions that I'm able to resist, it feels REALLY good. Better I'd say, than the immediate satisfaction of eating the unhealthy stuff. :) So really great job. Keep it up. :)
  • beaudrydasha
    beaudrydasha Posts: 17 Member
    That's great to know another guilt free menu item. I eat out a lot at lunch, at Mexican restaurants I get the caldo de pollo, thai restaurants some kind of non-coconut milk soup (lemongrass and straw mushroom usually), everywhere else it's the fish. It hasn't been terrible, I think I like the atmosphere and the no dishes more than the prime rib and dessert. Now I just need to shake off the empty calories of that glass of wine.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Good for you! That is a great NSV!
  • That's great you were able to stay "in control". I know the feeling, especially out in the restaurant. I am new to this site, completed my tenth day today, and four pounds for the first week. I know...a long way to go. Need to lose another 50 or so. What I do when I am out is ask the waiter for a small box as soon as I order. When the meal comes, I put half in the box right away. Mostly just the main course stuff....then it becomes lunch the next day. I like the site, but wish it did a "month to date" type report. Anyway, keep up the good work and best of luck................
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    nightI went out too my favorite corner restaurant....I have issues with gluten, so I have to be careful...I ordered a REG SIZE grilled liver dinner, which means there are two pieces of liver as well as a big soup....I only ate half the liver, brought the second piece home to my cats...they LOVE the liver better than when I bring them steak....I did have a baked potato with butter and sour cream, plus the skin....no bread..tho...and stayed within my cal budget of 1200 cals....whenever I know I am going out to eat I try to keep it light the rest of the day.....actually with my gluten issues, I seem to do better when I go out to THIS restaurant.....

good NSV to u...
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Only thing weird about the title is the fact it should be "overeaten", not "overate" :)

Congrats on your NSV though! It's great!

oopsie, I always get those mixed up! :blushing:
  • justgowithit17
    Thanks so much for all the sweet comments!
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    That's a wonderful NSV. I love Outback but I've cut down on the frequency of eating there and the size of the portions.
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    GOOD JOB!!! Thant is a great accomplishment..it's the small things that will really add up because you are changing food behaviors. I have that problem too...especially when I go to red lobster or olive garden!! I eat a whole basket of biscuits or breadsticks and salad and by the time my entree comes ( which is usually something smothered in sauce or cheese) I'm half full already and ate at least 800+ calories already! Congrats!:smile::drinker:
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    That's hard to do! Specially at that restaurant! Awesome!!! Proud of ya! ;)
  • Having will power and discipline is awesome!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I've started looking up nutrition info before I get to the restaurant. I try to find two menu items that will fit in my calorie count. Then when I get there, I decide between the two, without looking at anything else on the menu. It sort of helps to not even entertain thoughts of those more decadant dishes, just keep my mind on the healthier choices.
  • justgowithit17
    I've started looking up nutrition info before I get to the restaurant. I try to find two menu items that will fit in my calorie count. Then when I get there, I decide between the two, without looking at anything else on the menu. It sort of helps to not even entertain thoughts of those more decadant dishes, just keep my mind on the healthier choices.

That's a great idea! I'm definitely going to use that from now on! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!