NSV: No McDonalds Tonight

Options
Tonight my husband and I looked at each other and said "I don't want what we planned on having tonight, and I don't feel like cooking." Normally in this house that would lead to a McDonalds or Taco Bell run, but not tonight. Tonight I ran to the grocery store instead and purchased 2 microwave LC meals to eat. That way we both got the type of food we wanted at a reasonable price and caloric load. It didn't take any longer then a McD run and I didn't have to worry about them getting my order right.

That to me is a victory!!

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good work. My go to food is grilled chicken and salad..lots of different varieties to be found.
  • j9stagemgr
    j9stagemgr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yay!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Not only am I impressed, I really like the idea!
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well done you, my lazy food is mcdonals too or burger king.. :)
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I had that problem with Steak n Shake...now my "lazy meal" is half a bag of dole Caesar salad (135 cals!) and a couple bratwursts to toss on the stove for a few minutes. Still not the best, sodium wise, but less than 600 cals and very easy!
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good idea. My lazy food is 1 cup of Kraft Shells Mac n Cheese!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Lol good choice! I'll be honest, ALL my food is "lazy" food :tongue:
  • beaudrydasha
    beaudrydasha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Where's Steak and Shake? That sounds great. (me after my LC dinner...)
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    McDonalds would have been an healthier option.
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great Job.....I have the same issue a lot. too lazy to cook so fast food run....or sometimes late night fast food binges....I actually feel like doing that right now!!! But seeing this post helped get my mind back on track....maybe a bowl of special K cereal instead....? :smile:
  • Init2winIt79
    Options
    Well DONE!!! That is my problem all the time, especially since my husband is a stick who can eat however whenever without any Visible consequences.
    I've been trying to have fruit galore available in my house so that when I get lazy I can just chop up some fruit.

..BK & McD are totally my sinful eats... I try and keep in mind how long and hard I have to run just to burn off a fry or big mac lol(looked the numbers up online and taped them to my dashboard :)
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    McDonalds would have been an healthier option.

How pray tell would that be? Every time I eat there I end up being ill from the fat content or the chemicals they use to make it taste like real food instead of a food product. Now granted not everyone wants a LC for dinner but for those of us who do it's a healthier option.

Edited to add: For comparison's sake I had a Healthy Choice Sweet and Spicy Orange Zest Chicken part of their asian inspired cafe steamers line.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Brilliant !
  • sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    sounds great. (But steak and shake does too! lol ) but I really do love lean cusine meals over MCdonalds.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    Great job :3

I'd rather have LC anyway, to be honest. The chicken alfredo thing is awesome :D
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well done! Chinese or Mcdonalds is my lazy food! It's so hard to avoid them when you just can't be bothered!
  • skinny_cigarettes
    Options
    congrats!! :happy:
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Love those NSV! :wink:
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. My family wanted Kentucky fried chicken. So I went to the grocery store first and bought a weight watchers frozen meal. I still got the luxury of a night off cooking without blowing my calorie intake
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!