Any 30ish Mamas out there?

Options

Replies

• JPZ98
    JPZ98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am a 37 year old mother of 3 (12, 9, and 2). Before I got pregant with my daughter I had lost 54 lbs and kept it off for a year. After having her i put most of it back on. Over the past 7 months I have lost close to 60 lbs and have another 20 lbs to go. I have been slacking a little bit during the holidays but getting serious again next week. I would love to share you journey with you. Send me a friend request if you would like as I like to support people on their journey and enjoy receiving their support as well.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 with three kids (9,7, and almost 4). Feel free to add me!
  • Time4MomTrish
    Time4MomTrish Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 32 with 5 kids ages 10,9,5, and twin 2yr olds. I have about 60 lbs to lose to get to 140. Love to have friends in the same boat. Other moms understand the time restraints and other obstacles!
  • ahodac
    ahodac Posts: 7
    Options
    I just turned 34 in November, and just recently moved 900 miles away from my home. The move has added an entire new layer of stress that never encountered before; consequently with the move came added pounds. I already needed to slim down and tone up and the move added even more poundage. But now no more excuses! I have 2 boys 5 & 7, who are are incredibly active. I have about 50 lbs to lose, but shooting for 30 to begin with. I'd like to be noticeably smaller by the time I go back home for spring break! Let's do this!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I am 29 with two kids, one is going to be six this summer and the other only just turned one.

I'd love to give support to anyone who needs it! =)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 35 and mum to a gorgeous 3.5 year old son and 19 month old daughter.

I piled on the weight when I was pregnant with my daughter (they say girls steal your beauty...I want it back now please :laugh: ).

I started back exercising when she was 7 weeks old and have lost 55lbs since then. I now weigh 164 and my aim is around 150, possibly lower. I'm 5'6".

Feel free to add me.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Almost 35 and mom of 2 young kiddos (4 and 7). Feel free to add me as I try to reach this last goal and achieve maintenance once and for all without failing.
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I am 37 years old and I have 7 kiddos. (12 year old twins, 11 year old daughter, 9 year old son, 7 year old daughter, 4 year old daughter and our baby... 3 year old son.) and although I am not the heaviest I have ever been, I am very overweight. I'm making my weight loss and HEALTH a priority now. I want to be here for them, for a long time. They have seen me lose weight, gain it back, lose it again, and gain it back, so many times. I am determined now that they will see me lose it and keep it off!! I try not to talk about my weight much anymore. I want health and happiness to be the focus they see. I'm making the changes that I know I need to so that this is a way of life, not only for me, but for them as well. I want to set a healthy example. I would hate for any of my children to struggle with weight the way that I have. It would break my heart.

If anyone would like to add me as a friend, that would be great. I could use the support and I will be there to give support! :)
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and the mother of a 12 year old son, an 11 year old son, and a 4 year old daughter. I have had trouble with my weight since I started putting on weight when I hit puberty. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Mother of 3 little ones. 8&6 year old boys and a 3 year old daughter. I understand. Feel free to add me as well.
  • jennifernoel1024
    Options
    I'm 31 and a mommy to two year old twins. I'm not at my heaviest weight of 230 but, I am close enough at 216.4 and I have set a goal for myself to get down to 150 by next year... I want to be healthy and live a healthy life for myself, my kiddos and my hubby.

Feel free to add me, I need some motivation too :-)
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and mom to my beautiful 3 year old daughter. I had about 20 pounds i never lost post pregnancy and i have gained some more along the way. I am ready to get back in shape so i can enjoy chasing my daughter around and also teach her healthy habits along the way. Feel free to add me as a friend, always happy to support and encourage and love to see others go along this journey as i do.
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    35 year old mom to twins I was 347.5 when I started in July 2012...YOU can definitely succeed! One of my girls has actually lost 20lbs either working out with me or just from eating healthier food...anyone can do this it is just determination and patience!
  • thogan03
    Options
    Hey! Mom of 2 boys (12 & 10) 36 years old. Lost 27 and looking to loose about 40 more if not more. Feel free to add me! If you are looking for a challenge, I joined one that starts Monday 7th Jan. It's the 30 day cardio challenge by Mrshutupandtrain. ..here is the link:

just copy and paste the link

This looks awesome. I have signed up to try it. I am also currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution but I would love to have an extra challenge. My husband is behind me telling me I'm crazy (in a joking sort of way) and he's probably right, lol. But I've only got one life to live and I want it to be my best!
  • imvossey09
    Options
    Same here ladies! I am 30 with a 4yr old daughter.
  • canucksgirl16
    canucksgirl16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and the mother of a little boy who is a year and a half. My goal is to lose about 100lbs. Add me if you like!
  • katienoell
    katienoell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just turned 31 and I have a four year old son. Ive been using MFP on and off for a long time but never did the "social networking" part of it before. I'd love to find some friends for support. Add me as a friend if you would like! :-)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am 35 and have a four year old son, getting ready to turn 5. I feel like I am on a roller coaster, I have done good going on three weeks now and today I went to my three year old neice's birthday party, I did not feel like I ate a lot but when I keyed it in WOW. It's days like this I just want to quit. I feel like the highs of success and the lows of failure are exhausting!! This is really hard feel free to add me, I need all the support I can get!!
  • eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just turned 30 and I have two boys, 4years and 6 weeks old. I have been using MFP for some time now. From jan to apr 2012 I lost a little over 20lbs using MFP before I got pregnant again. I am hoping to start this new year back and lose some more. Current weight 213 goal 175. Add me if you are looking to give and receive motivation during this journey.
  • Njbelle
    Njbelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hey lovely Mummy's/mamas!

I am 35, mum to a little girl of 20 months and have a stack of weight to lose

Last year was the pits for me in many ways but I determined to make changes and choose my own fate a little more

I always thought that losing the weight would somehow just be easier once I had the baby WRONG

I ate through the tiredness at least

I would love to have other Mums as friends as I think we often seek support in those in same or similar situations and also to see how you manage food planning etc xx