What's your reward?

First, I know that getting healthy is its own reward. What I am talking about are those things you will do for yourself for completing your goal or goals. Like getting a foot massage after running your first 1/2 marathon or going on a weekend getaway when you achieve your desired weight.

Mine >>>> I have never purchased a new bass guitar. I have always owned used. Well I got my eye on a bass that will motivate me! I can't wait to play her!

Replies

• ckleczka
    ckleczka Posts: 27 Member
    Well, when I reach my 66th straight day of working out, I'm treating myself to a pair of really good quality running shoes. When I hit my original goal of 28 days, I bought a second hand acoustic guitar to keep at my other home for when I am commuting. When I reset the goal at 66 to max again at 101 days, I will have to think of something new as a reward!
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Well, when I reach my 66th straight day of working out, I'm treating myself to a pair of really good quality running shoes. When I hit my original goal of 28 days, I bought a second hand acoustic guitar to keep at my other home for when I am commuting. When I reset the goal at 66 to max again at 101 days, I will have to think of something new as a reward!

I would recommend getting the shoes now. Your workouts will require as much from you and your shoes. If you shoes are old or not up to the task, you may find yourself in pain, frustrated, or injuried. Shoe quality can directly be related to performance and injuries....so says my podiatrist.
  • ckleczka
    ckleczka Posts: 27 Member

I would recommend getting the shoes now. Your workouts will require as much from you and your shoes. If you shoes are old or not up to the task, you may find yourself in pain, frustrated, or injuried. Shoe quality can directly be related to performance and injuries....so says my podiatrist.

Thanks for the feedback; I do not doubt your advice in the least. Am saving up the funds currently to buy them and should be on track to purchase in a week or so!
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Well, originally it was a brand spankin new Victory High-ball (motorcycle) but it's a little out of my reach! Maybe in a few years. It still motivates me none the less. i have pictures of it plastered all over my house along side other motivational posters taped to mirrors, fridge etc. I really don't have any rewards for short term goals. I usually just have a cheat day when I reach a certain weight. I've always dreamed of being skinny and owning a decent suit and having it actually fit! So maybe that? I guess I'm gonna have to do some thinking......
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    When I reach my first 50# I'm going shopping for new clothes. I will seriously need them by then.
  • to gain self-esteem back.
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    When I reach my first 50# I'm going shopping for new clothes. I will seriously need them by then.

@grandmakaye - New clothes are awesome!
    @fatabass - let go of the past and live for today and tomorrow, start self esteem today
    @ideltabigboy - easy rider!
    @ckleczka - I cant wait to run again!