Rate The O2 Diet

Options
I made the Antioxidant weight-loss soup and it tastes really good. I was surprised to see it was in the MFP data base (160 calories per cup). I was thinking about ordering the O2 Diet Book. Have any of you followed this diet? It suppose to give you energy, burn fat, and relieve stress. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Replies

• Skinny2Go
    Options
    My boyfriend was into some diet like that. he lost a lot of weight. he was always making berry smoothies. I think it's new, nobody has heard of it yet.
  • kathymurphy
    Options
    i just read about that yesterday in women's world magazine. they always have a new diet every week. let me know. sounds like a good healthy diet.
    kathy
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Webmed has a great article on it. It sounds great. Can you share the recipe for the soup you made?

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-o2-diet
  • MiniRose2B
    Options
    Thanks for the article! and here is the recipe for the Antioxidant soup;

New Turbo-Antioxidant Weight-Loss Soup

1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    2 medium red or white onions, finely diced
    2 large sweet potatoes with skin, scrubbed, diced into 1/4" cubes
    3 (15 oz. each) cans black or kidney beans, drained
    1/3 tsp. dried oregano or 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh oregano, or to taste.
    2 1/2 (32 oz. each) cartons low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth.
    2 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or to taste.
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
    16 cups (1 lb.) fresh baby spinach.
    8 cups chopped kale or other leafy green.
    2 cups soybeans (edamame) or roasted chicken breast pieces.
    Diced red bell pepper.
    1 Tbs. Parmesan cheese, optional.

Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onions 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except bell pepper; bring to a boil.
    Reduce heat; cover and lightly boil until sweet potatoes are soft, 12-15 minutes.
    Adjust seasonings. Makes 8- 3 cup servings. Store in individual containers in the fridge for up to 4 days. Heat before serving and garnish with bell pepper and if desired 1 Tbs. Parmesan.