Very Late Night Eating, What's Your Solution?

Options
Hello all the beautiful people on MFP!!

I am looking for things to eat at 12:00 and on at night. I'm an night owl and always get hungry!!

PS - Please add me, I could use all the motivation I can get!!

Replies

• kiwisara
    kiwisara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a night eater too, it's my 'worst' time for overeating and I'm feeling pleased to have resisted the urge tonight. I have always felt guilty about any eating after dinner, have I bought into a myth?
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm not concerned about the time of day calories are consumed, but I find I'm far more likely to over eat (or completely binge!) in the evening. I try to have a big dinner that really fills me up. Sometimes it keeps me going. Sometimes I crave more food.

I have no real advice to offer other than the obvious fruit and veg options, so I'll be paying close attention to the thread!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If I'm not paying attention, I'll snack/ eat constantly throughout the evening. But, now that I'm logging again, it helps me be mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. I don' t think there's anything wrong with eating any time of day, as long as it fits in your calorie budget.
  • mikepopiel
    mikepopiel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I normally drink a shake as a snack to reduce my cravings.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm a night eater too. I'm able to easily control what I eat and don't eat until after dinner when it becomes a challenge. The best approach I found was to stop fighting it. So I save a lot of calories for late night snacking. Part of it for me is I just don't like feeling as though I'm out of calories with hours to go before bedtime. Without that pressure I lose some of my cravings.
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    i also enjoy my evening/late night snacking. one of the things i try to use to replace my snacking is tea. i have a cup of flavorful(decaf)tea and generally that will help for me.
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I started eating dinner much later than usual so I stayed full later into the evenings. I found that I still got cravings but they're purely down to habit now as opposed to actual hunger and they're much easier to resist that way.
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Go to bed earlier and do your workout in the morning! If you're asleep you won't be eating. Outside of that - brush your teeth earlier as a psychological step to signify done eating for the day. Complete your food diary on MFP after your last planned meal.
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you must give in to late night snack make it a good food and not a bad food. For example have a cup or 2 cups of melon cubes or grapes. If you normally have something to drink right after dinner, have that same drink at midnight, for example: decaf coffee.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I know you said you were a night owl, but going to bed earlier has really helped me. You should consider it.