P90X after Insanity tips please or fellow p90x friends

Options
Hi all,

I completed insanity before xmas and after a little break over xmas apart from moderate cardio, am starting P90X tomorrow, so if anyone has any tips or recipe ideas they would be most welcome or anyone just starting p90x please add me. My target was to lose 2.5stone and I lost just over 2 stone on insanity so just want to lose the last little bit and then hopefully p90x will help toning and muscle.

Thanks

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you. Finished insanity around Christmas and am back to p90x now. There is a significant drop in the effectivenes of the p90x cardio- it just is not as hard as insanity. So I am following the hybrid schedule: http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/d35f8de1-d294-4585-9b3a-1d7c5b21c37a

This way I get the results of weights and keep my cardio at the same level. Well that is my plan.

Protien- make sure you eat a lot of protien and use supplements if you need to.
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    I am the same as you. Finished insanity around Christmas and am back to p90x now. There is a significant drop in the effectivenes of the p90x cardio- it just is not as hard as insanity. So I am following the hybrid schedule: http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/d35f8de1-d294-4585-9b3a-1d7c5b21c37a

This way I get the results of weights and keep my cardio at the same level. Well that is my plan.

Protien- make sure you eat a lot of protien and use supplements if you need to.

Hey thanks Moran thats great I was thinking that I may need more cardio so Ill check out the hybrid, Ive just stocked up on loads of Turkey and ordered some whey protein, but just struggling for ideas for meals.

How far through P90x are you?
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am completing week one tomorrow of the hybrid schedule. I did the first six weeks of p90x a few months back, but had to stop when I was in a car accident. I am excited to be lifting again. Great results last time....and now with the harder cardio in there I think I will rock by the end!!!!

there are tons of websites with recipies to up your protien and search the forums here for ideas too.
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    I am completing week one tomorrow of the hybrid schedule. I did the first six weeks of p90x a few months back, but had to stop when I was in a car accident. I am excited to be lifting again. Great results last time....and now with the harder cardio in there I think I will rock by the end!!!!

there are tons of websites with recipies to up your protien and search the forums here for ideas too.

Haha good on you, sounds like youve made good progress, Insanity got me to pretty much where I want to be, I just want some abs now lol and to get nicely toned, Im hoping this will do the job.

Do you eat many carbs at all through the day then, I dont know how strict I should be on carb intake for the first few weeks.