Never Hungry

Options
hey all - just had a topic to discuss that i've been wondering about for a little while now .

the past few months i've haven't "felt hungry" at any part of the day . but i know that i need to eat so i force myself too (but i never feel sick or anything). of course it's always the worst things possible - a million calories , a large portion , high in fat, etc . (<-- reason i'm here) i am a server so my schedule is weird . i'll sleep in til 2pm and wont go to bed til about 3am . most of the time i wont eat until hours after i wake up , but again i have to force myself .

maybe it's because my body isn't on any type of schedule ? any ideas ?

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Bump. I am curious to what people say. I have the same kind of schedule and the same kind of problem. I avoid the high fat, etc. foods, but I am just not hungry when I should be.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    planning ahead is very important. Make sure you eat a good breakfast... high protein low fat. the take snacks with you to work if you can't get anything healthy where you work. Take a salad, hummus, chicken breasts and wraps or deli meat. It is important to eat your calories you are alloted but make sure they aren't empty. Fruit, veggies, protein and so on is the way to go! some say if you aren' t hungry don't eat, but I was taught it take food to burn fat! You can do it!
  • toaoLIZ
    toaoLIZ Posts: 16
    Options
    planning ahead is very important. Make sure you eat a good breakfast... high protein low fat. the take snacks with you to work if you can't get anything healthy where you work. Take a salad, hummus, chicken breasts and wraps or deli meat. It is important to eat your calories you are alloted but make sure they aren't empty. Fruit, veggies, protein and so on is the way to go! some say if you aren' t hungry don't eat, but I was taught it take food to burn fat! You can do it!

but do you think making myself eat the right things and at the right times will begin to make me hungry ?
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    this happened to me last year in the middle of my weight loss. Just plan,log and eat your meals. It still comes and go. I am now hungry at breakfast (good thing) and lunch, but not so much at night/dinner. If I am under my minimum calories, I drink a protein shake or last night I tried a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. (ice cream not so much, wish I had opted for more greek yogurt).

Almonds and nuts like walnuts and brazil nuts seem to be good as well. Calorie dense, don't have to eat a lot of them to make the calorie goals.

Protein is your friend. If I get it at every meal/snack, my calories add up and it helps keep you fueled up but not over on your calories.

I looked at it this way, I might not be hungry, but at least I was eating enough and the right things. My hunger came back in a couple of months, it comes and goes.
  • toaoLIZ
    toaoLIZ Posts: 16
    Options
    this happened to me last year in the middle of my weight loss. Just plan,log and eat your meals. It still comes and go. I am now hungry at breakfast (good thing) and lunch, but not so much at night/dinner. If I am under my minimum calories, I drink a protein shake or last night I tried a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. (ice cream not so much, wish I had opted for more greek yogurt).

Almonds and nuts like walnuts and brazil nuts seem to be good as well. Calorie dense, don't have to eat a lot of them to make the calorie goals.

Protein is your friend. If I get it at every meal/snack, my calories add up and it helps keep you fueled up but not over on your calories.

I looked at it this way, I might not be hungry, but at least I was eating enough and the right things. My hunger came back in a couple of months, it comes and goes.