Wii Zumba

Options
Hi all well I'm just over a week in to loosing weight but I want to start doing some different exercise. Please could someone tell me how to log the calories from wii Zumba and such like thanks

Replies

• TaniaB_79
    TaniaB_79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm investing in a heart rate monitor to try to be able to monitor things a bit more accurately.

I used to use livestrong to track and that has Wii Zumba at 471 calories per hour, there is a modern dance option in the exercise list but that uses less, you could google to check the rate as quoted above and if other sources show as correct add it in.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I log it as Aerobic High Work out. Still dont think it shows enough cals. But not a bad thing as I'd eat the cals burned lol x
  • debbiek75
    Options
    Ah great thanks I never really eat my exercise cals but it's nice to have the option
  • mumtokeir
    mumtokeir Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've only been with MFP for a week and been using Wii Zumba 30 mins every day and logging as modern dance. I would be so pleased if it is worth a little more as it is a hard work out - particularly for someone like me who hasn't exercised in a while.:smile:
  • joyisinthejourney
    Options
    I came on here looking for the same answer...I've been logging Just Dance 4 and will log Zumba as "dance (aerobic..." I was so bummed to see there wasn't a Zumba exercise in the database.
  • mandi9041
    mandi9041 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would recommend using zumbacalories.com to estimate your calorie burn. I use a heart rate monitor for the classes that I teach weekly, but that website gives a pretty accurate estimate compared to my heart rate monitor.