Dukan Diet and Fitness Buddy

Options
Hi All,

My name is Kim and I'm looking for someone or people to pair up with for diet and fitness support.

Every time I have ever tried to tackle weight and fitness I have done so pretty much on my own. This time around I want to have a group, I need to stay inspired but also I need someone to nag me other than myself, or at least be there as a general deterrence to nag-inducing behavior!

I've found the diet for me (Dukan) and by god it works, and it actually keeps the weight off... apparently until your life goes *kitten* over tit and you throw everything you learnt out of the window!

I started the Dukan in summer 2011, as moderately active 5ft 5 kickboxer, ex swimmer, at 12 stone 7ish. My goal is 10stone 7 and when I reached 10stone 10 at the beginning of October I was a size 10, with a 28" waist, so I'm a rather muscular, curvy build. I am still a member of the Oxford Uni kickboxing club and have just joined the pool to add some variety.

My problem is initial motivation i.e. getting out the door and doing the daily activity. I throw myself into it, exercising for hours a day, and then nothing... and I appear to be a self-saboteur. I can charm my way in and out of anything... apart from a size 12 at the moment. After a pretty horrendous 7 months of general life I've allowed myself (note acknowledging blame for this), following Christmas and New Years back up to 12stone 8.

This ends here.

After I finish off a mini detox on Sunday, I'm starting the Attack phase all over again for 5 days. I have two weeks left at a full time job, commuting, on top of studying, trying to diet, exercise and general chores, however, after that it's back to full-time studying and healthy living.

This time I will NOT do this alone.

I'm going to be on the consolidation before the beginning of April and by half way through this year vow to be on maintenance with the PP Thursday for the rest of my days!

**casts metaphorical net of a topic post and waits to see what I catch**

Replies

• Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just started Dukan for the first time yesterday! Down 3 lbs after 1 day on Attack. I know its water, but any loss looks good at this point. Thanks for your words of advice on doing the program all the way thru Consolidation. I, too, think it is very important.

I'd love to be your buddy in this journey. I'll send you a friend request.

Lori
  • xmcd
    xmcd Posts: 1
    Options

I've found the diet for me (Dukan) and by god it works, and it actually keeps the weight off... apparently until your life goes *kitten* over tit and you throw everything you learnt out of the window!

My problem is initial motivation i.e. getting out the door and doing the daily activity. I throw myself into it, exercising for hours a day, and then nothing... and I appear to be a self-saboteur.

After a pretty horrendous 7 months of general life I've allowed myself (note acknowledging blame for this), following Christmas and New Years back up to 12stone 8.

High five for taking this on. Given your athletic background I think you appreciate that a strong workout is far more effective with dieting. If I may say so, I think you may be suffering from CNS and novelty fatigue -- you're overtraining and it also gets repetitive and boring. What is your training plan if you don't mind me asking?
  • DontWant2BeFatand40
    Options
    Big supporter of Dukaning too... It bloody works for me! On day 3 of attack and all going well.

I'll never be skinny and not sure I want to be. I'm aiming for 10stone 10lbs.

My exercise of choice is Body Combat and a some boxing, although my bloody back doesn't want to play ball at the moment!

I however not sure I agree with ^^above^^... I think that the dieting side makes much more impact on the weightloss than exercise. Abs are made in the gym up revealed in the kitchen!