Reverse Rewards

Options
In giving some friends kudos today for their amazing logging, something occurred to me. I originally joined MFP as a way to help my maintenance, stay accountable with calories. Then after being on the forums for a while, I really wanted to encourage others as they go through the same battles. I never realized how awesome it would be to have a set of like-minded friends, many of whom can out encourage me on any given day! Everyone brings something different to the table, but everyone helps me want to have a healthy day. It doesn't matter at all that we're in different stages of our quest.

So, thanks, all of you awesome awesome friends!! And if you're just on here to "keep track?" You're not - because you're reading the forums! Make a few friends and see how your motivation can go sky high.

Happy New Year!

Replies

• Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: my dear!!

I feel the same way and am so excited that we connected and encourage each other every single day!!

Thank you!

:heart:
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. Negativity breeds Negativity, but with this place there are so many positive and motivational people and they are the ones to latch on to for sure.

I already know that food logging works in weight loss as I lost seven stone a few years back having tried the " Diets " many times before, but it was amazing even after seeing my results how many people were negative about food logging.

I have come to the conclusion that after stopping for the last few years and putting 5 stone back on I am going to have to keep doing this for the rest of my life when I get back to my maintenance which I know I will for sure by food logging. But its a small price to pay for staying fit and healthy. With the amount of foods already remembered by my myfitnesspal account it literally only takes me 5 minutes to choose my foods for the day, and then work out my exercise from that.

I can't wait to get down to my maintenance and stay tuned with all the positive thought on this web site.

Paul
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am honored that we are friends! I love your enthusiasm.You and Duda are 2 people that I rely on to keep me moving in the right direction. Both of you are strong women that have reached goal and continue to move forward to expand your abilities. My day is not complete until I have seen both of you log in in the mornings. Thanks for always being there!

Happy New Year to you too. :heart: :heart:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. Negativity breeds Negativity, but with this place there are so many positive and motivational people and they are the ones to latch on to for sure.

I can't wait to get down to my maintenance and stay tuned with all the positive thought on this web site.

Paul

SOMEDAY, I will remember what the pound equivalent of a "stone" is! Definitely stay tuned to MFP - there is also a lot of entertainment value here. But seriously, unless you are lucky, it will be hard to find this kind of encouragement from "IRL" peeps. Best wishes on getting to maintenance!!!
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options

SOMEDAY, I will remember what the pound equivalent of a "stone" is!

14lb
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am so glad this thread posted. I am maintaining and plan on logging for life. I also like to read all the blogs - lots of positive stuff in the blogs!
  • Dariusbink
    Options
    My Dr. is going to trip out when he sees me next month. I started MFP on June 15,2012 and my weight was 242. My wife and I had just returned from a cruise vacation and I took a sad look into the mirror. My 42" jeans were fitting like skinny jeans and I refused to go larger. I wanted to find something to help monitor the amount of food I was consuming. I felt over eating was my problem. I stumbled onto this website and thought at first it was just another fad diet or scam site to make money off those of us who are challenged to maintain our weight. Was I ever wrong. To date I have lost over 42 lbs just by logging my food watching my calories and exercising for 45 minutes 3 days a week. Though there have been several peaks and valleys in my journey so far I have had nothing but results. I tipped the scale a 190.2 lbs this morning. My jean size is now 34" and I am approaching my maintenance weight. I hope I have not focused too much on results as I am very competitive and like to see results. My motivation now be off blood pressure pills and to help others find this wonderful website. It has been the most useful tool in my weight loss journey so far.
  • dorothytd
    Options
    ^^Terrific! A friend told me about it, too! One of my IRLs that gets me!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great post. I am always looking for motivational, encouraging friends. I do have a few, but one of my biggest motivators, doesn't utilize this site as much. :sad: Some people seem to think this site is their 2nd Facebook. I am on here for the same reason most people are, lose weight and be healthy mixed in with a little extra push. So any of you are more than welcome to add me.
    Keep up the great work:flowerforyou:
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The reason you have so many people sending you supportive messages is because you are truly one of the most supportive people I have ever come across. You are just getting back what you so generously give everyone else. I am also amazed at how motivating it is for me when I am trying to help someone else. Not that I am doing it for me, but it sure does make me feel good. Being supportive and positive of others is just a win win situation!
  • dorothytd
    Options
    The reason you have so many people sending you supportive messages is because you are truly one of the most supportive people I have ever come across. You are just getting back what you so generously give everyone else. I am also amazed at how motivating it is for me when I am trying to help someone else. Not that I am doing it for me, but it sure does make me feel good. Being supportive and positive of others is just a win win situation!

You, lady, are an inspiration!!! Your phenomenal weight loss and hard work are so motivational!!! And thanks!!!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I couldn't have said this any better myself!!! I am grateful to have you in my corner!!!! :flowerforyou: