60 lbs gone a few to go.

Options
Hello all, I am a 53 year old who has spent the past 1 1/2 years getting rid of 60 lbs with WW. I really don't want to keep paying them money each week when the scale doesn't move. I have maintained the same weight for 6 months and I started the "Shred" plan yesterday, it's supposed to help you get rid of the last 20 or so. I found this site to help me track my food. I am excited with how easy it is to use and the fact that it does most of the stuff WW's site did but it's free. It's a constant battle/journey to get rid of weight, and to keep it off. I wouldn't trade my new self for anything, no food is worth losing what I have gained. Good luck to all of you.

Replies

• sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can do it and there is a lot of great support on here. Guess what is is FREE. There are groups you can join for extra support. Feel free to add me :) also there is a group for 30 day shred. Best of luck to you :)
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    The "Shred" program I'm doing was on Dr. Oz this week, it was developed by Dr. Ian M. Smith. 6 weeks and each week you change up your eating so that your motabolism gets kicked into gear again. I've been eating great but the scale just won't go down. Don't get me wrong I am thrilled I have kept the weight off for these 6 months, I just would really like to hit my goal and maintain that weight.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    The "Shred" program I'm doing was on Dr. Oz this week, it was developed by Dr. Ian M. Smith. 6 weeks and each week you change up your eating so that your motabolism gets kicked into gear again. I've been eating great but the scale just won't go down. Don't get me wrong I am thrilled I have kept the weight off for these 6 months, I just would really like to hit my goal and maintain that weight.

Your metabolism is always "in gear" or you would be dead. If you want to lose body fat and inches, read this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    Thank you for the link.. there was a lot of good info in there. I feel this site will keep me on track.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link.. there was a lot of good info in there. I feel this site will keep me on track.

You're welcome. Sometimes there is very good information on the forum. Sometimes not. Pick and choose carefully. This link saved me. I have a lot left to lose, but I feel that this time I will succeed. If you are eating right and enough to fuel your workouts you will lose the fat and inches. I only weigh every 10 weeks. Good luck!