Game/activity suggestions for groups of people?

Options
Hey all,

I work in a residential transitional facility and am trying to come up with ideas to give people something to do on the weekends, if they want to.

Does anyone have any suggestions for games or activities that work well for groups or teams? So far I've only been able to come up with bingo, pictionary, and charades. Ideally, I'm looking for games that are held indoors and that are not very physically strenuous (also, games that I could put together myself would be preferable, versus those I'd have to purchase).

Thanks!

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Maybe theatre sports? Google that for tons of ideas.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! I think people may really go for that.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    No problem, I hope you all have fun!
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    Try a day at the races. My grandmother's home did this and it was a great success. You make horses out of cardboard or the residents could make them. Everybody gets dressed up and you use Monopoly money to make bets and then use giant dice to see who gets across the line first. (roles=steps)

They also did a gentlemen's club...not that kind. They had tv/dvd/movies playing. The men got dressed up and sat in this room talking and sharing their favorite drinks...beer, scotch, etc. just doing men things. It went over well because there was no women!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I'm not sure we have a good space for the race, at least until it gets a bit less icy outside, but I can definitely imagine some of the guys loving a "guys night" deal, thanks!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    poker tournaments.
  • brightblader
    Options
    Gang Bang. I'd sign up, jusayin