No More Tears

Hi Guys!

My names Kirstin and I'm finally kicking myself up the bum and doing something to better myself.

I started gaining weight when I was about 14, everyone said it was puppy fat and I was always happy so it never bothered me that much but then, a few years ago, I started working in a coffee shop. Between the sugary drinks and the yummy cake I got bigger and bigger. Last January I reached my (then) biggest weight and decided to try and lose it and it worked, I lost 16 lbs, but then things went wrong in my personal life and I put it back on. My life got better, I found myself some more reliable friends, an amazing boyfriend that supports me and a great job (with much less cake). Just before Christmas I had a work Christmas meal and went out looking for an outfit to wear... In the fifth shop I went in where nothing fit me, I sat in the changing rooms and cried. I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to put myself, my friends or my boyfriend through the moods I can get myself in. I just want to feel better about myself and I'm willing to fight for it.

So that's why I'm here and I'm hoping you lovely people can help me along the way!!

x

Replies

• Lancer97
    Lancer97 Posts: 39 Member
    Congratulations on the new job, and the new friends. I know how you feel, I put all my weight on when I worked at a fast food restaurant for 3 years. All those long hours and staff discounts made for an almost 300lb man. Now I have a job where I'm on my feet and walking about 10,000 steps a day.

We will do this together and we will reach our goals!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Best wishes! There's a great deal of good help and support here -- although like any Internet site, you may have to ignore some junk too.
    Here are some of the starting suggestions I've collected here over time: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/how-to-use-myfitnesspal-427993
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Ahhh, yes, the changing room melt down! We've all been there. It is terrible!! Not feeling good about myself had been a huge drain on my relationships. So congrats on making different choices! A good life is definitely worth fighting for!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    All those lattes are bad news :) I also put on loads of weight with my job as I worked away from home a lot and ended up eating out all the time - I suddenly found myself having to try on size 16 clothes and at that point decided that something had to change!

Good luck for the coming year - and stick with it. The only thing I can say is don't be downhearted if you have a day when you eat too much, or a weekend where you have a few too many drinks. Just look on it as a slight blip and carry on. You've done it before, so you know you can do it.
  • Thank you guys. Its great to know theres people out there who get it, that's why I chose this place.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 114 Member
    I've done my share of crying in changing rooms, and getting REALLY mad!! (at myself, of course) Guess we all have! Welcome to MFP, there's some amazing people on here. :)
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    I put alot on when I worked in a fast food restaurant as well. And I so know the feeling about trying clothes on and nothing cute fits. I'm determined to be able to walk into a store, find the cutest outfit and look good wearing it. Welcome to MFP, this site has so many supportive people, it's just amazing!