Any suggestions for home exercise dvds?

Options
Are there any home exercise dvds that you have tried and that worked for you?I never have time to go to the gym,so home exercise is my only option,besides taking a brisk walk now and then.Thank you :-)

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian,Bob Harper... Checkout collagevideo to get more ideas based on what your interests are...
  • chefgirl866
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper and if you are looking for something like p90x, you can get supreme 90 day for about $20 or less.
  • lawsmommy26
    lawsmommy26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Jillian def worked for me, I've also done insanity, and now on tapout xt and so far of the three jillian and tapout xt have helped me the most.
  • kellyh0709
    kellyh0709 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting out 30 day shred is good by Jillian Michaels, it's about 30 mins a day and you need some hand weights.

What you find is that you will lose a lot more inches than you expect, I lost 10 inches doing this 30 day programme.

Most follow this with Ripped in 30 by Jillian.

the next step by her is teh 90 day Body Revoltuion. I did this and lost 21 inches and around 10lbs in weight without following a strict diet. If I had followed teh diet which comes with it yo can lose upto 5lbs a week depending on your size and goals.

There are some very good support groups on facebook for this, and 4 of us are starting BR again tomorrow and supportin each other through it by posting daily that we have done it, how you feel etc and keep you motivated when you really don;t want to.

I have bought insanity to follow on but I'm not fit enough yet for that, but the results I have see are incredible.

You can get a box set from Jillian on amazon for £15-£20 which has Shred, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, 6 week 6 pack and another that I can't remember, if you look up Jillian 30 day slim down you can combine all 4 dvd's to make a brand new routine after doing them individually.
  • hoff0900
    Options
    I just started jillian michaels yoga meltdown and i really enjoy it! I feel like its a better work out than the gym anyways, and a lot cheaper. Thats just me though.
  • slouise30
    Options
    just like everyone else Jillian I have the 30 day shread and her kickboxing. I like the kickboxing more but I like that style better, but you will feel it with either. best of luck You can do it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting out 30 day shred is good by Jillian Michaels,

walking is also fantastic and is free
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels. I cannot stress this enough, she is AMAZING.

I have her 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones and 6 Week Six-Pack DVDs and I am in LOVE with them. 30 Day Shred is specifically designed for beginners who are unfit, so I would recommend that one if you are only just starting out with strength training.

To do her workouts you only need a set of light hand-weights (dumbbells) and a yoga mat if you will be working out on a hard floor (no need if your floors are carpeted).

I Just love her. I have a huge girl crush on her. She is so inspiring and her workouts are very tough but very very effective. As soon as I get the money I am going to buy her Killer Buns and Thighs and Ripped In 30 DVDs.
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Supreme 90 has 10 DVDs and a calendar of which one to do each day. Gives a good workout and you don't get bored with them because you change to a different one each day. I just started the 60 day program again on January 1st. I did it over the summer and enjoyed it. Saw a difference in my muscle tone. Will do day 6 this afternoon.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Are you joking? I can't tell. Walking is a cardio exercise, not a strength exercise. You won't build muscle tone by walking.
  • contraryquite
    Options
    I've been doing some research on this too, for those days when I don't have time for the gym.

I have found, like some have mentioned above, that 30 Day Shred seems to be the best place to start. It is one of the most competetively priced and I've read good write ups of results.
    You don't need a great deal of space, and will only require some hand weights.

This is what I'm going to go for.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have some older FIRM DVD's and yes, videos!! The FIRM is great!! I also love Turbo Jam and I am currently addicted to Zumba, but I don't have the DVD's for that, just the game for the Wii.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have done/tried LOTS of the "beachbody" work-outs including p90x, Turbo Jam, Brazilian Butt Lift, Insanity, Zumba, Sean T's dance party.....but my FAVORITE by far is Chalean Extreme (my body completely changed after doing (2) 90 day circuits of that).....followed by Chalean Turbo Fire.

You order from beachbody.com.....or Amazon may have used copies. While they are not cheap.....you get a LOT of different work-out/DVD's in the packages....and variety is key to not getting bored!

Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 - both Jillian Micheals. I would recommend 30 day shred before RI30. I also love and recommend P90X Yoga.

Edit to say: 30 day shred is available for free on Youtube if you would like to give Level 1 day 1 a try today :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    . I also love and recommend P90X Yoga.

ugghhh

too long...too boring and definetely not for a beginner to yoga or fitness (IMO)

I strongly believe in P90X but it is not for someone who hasn't at least easily burned through 30 DS
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    . I also love and recommend P90X Yoga.

ugghhh

too long...too boring and definetely not for a beginner to yoga or fitness (IMO)

I strongly believe in P90X but it is not for someone who hasn't at least easily burned through 30 DS

Cool.
  • luna16belle
    luna16belle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Zumba DVDs are fun (I got mine with the sticks as well so I can add resistance) and I also have a "celeb" dvd workout, I can't remember her name but she was an ex-GMTV weather girl and it's a bootcamp DVD - if you do the whole DVD (4x20min sessions) you burn 1000 cals :)

The 30 Day Shred sounds interesting
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Are you joking? I can't tell. Walking is a cardio exercise, not a strength exercise. You won't build muscle tone by walking.

OP did not ask about strength exercise nor about building muscle so back off
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I started Body Revolution but didnt like all the balancing stuff. I am now alternating the main Chalean Extreme workouts with running and loving it.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian but couldn't keep motivated. I went to Zumba classes and Loved them, but so hard to get the time with current kid schedule. Now I'm Loving my Beachbody products. Depends on what you like as to which program would be best for you. Yes, like previous person said its not a 'one disk' thing, they are several (could be up to 10) to keep things changing up to keep from being bored, for both you and the muscles.

Good luck finding a fit!