Gone from WW for good!

Options
After being a Weight Watchers member for over 20 years, I have decided that I am once and for all fed up with their fees and program changes! This is such an awesome site! I have already connected to other people I know, and have seen strangers encouraging others! The android app is awesome! You can do it and I know I can too! Never give up!

Replies

• roadtripper23
    Options
    I was with WW for the past year and a half. The scale hasn't moved for about 6 months and I hated paying money for nothing. This site is great, I'm working on my last 20 after losing 60.
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Loving this site! I've tried WW in the past and one of the frustrating things is you really have no idea of how "good" your diet is. How much fat/cholesterol/fiber/sugar are you getting in a day? I like seeing the full break down - it helps me look for other areas of improvement...other than just sticking with points
  • NikiLuv73
    NikiLuv73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

I also left. I was thinking about joining again until I saw someone said on twitter that they enjoyed this app.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've seen weight watchers food products in store and its just smaller size packets for much more money. I think its a ripp off! People will lose weight with weight watchers but they can do it just as good without weight watchers :)
  • mkrekeler
    mkrekeler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I cannot agree with you more!! I hate that every year they change the plan when really what you need to accomplish is pure and simple reduce your calories and portion control. I love this ap. I love the bar scanner in particular. Lets be losers together. LOL
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    WW is good in that teaches people how to eat for life. BUT, my issue is that their calorie limit is too low (yes I know it's points, but when you actually look at the calories that make up your point limit, it's too low).
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    yea i think its a good program for beginners.. if ppl dont know what to do or how to and need basics. however once you learn how to its just a matter of you doing it and putting for the effort.. YOU CAN DO IT.. and of course increasing your exercise especially some type of weight training.
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family! I am on day 2 here and I've done all the diets out there however something about THIS site just makes the journey less stressful. I've met great people...read amazing success stories and I know I have found a home here! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Best of luck! :)
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I agree this site is great! All total I have lost 85 pounds, but I never could have achieved the last 40 without MFP... I am a daily user, record my food and exercise every day, and never felt happier or healthier!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It can be done without WW. I lost 70lbs over 20 years ago and kept it off and have never set foot into a WW meeting. Feel free to add me for support! :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I've seen weight watchers food products in store and its just smaller size packets for much more money. I think its a ripp off! People will lose weight with weight watchers but they can do it just as good without weight watchers :)

Have you ever read the ingredient lists on their products, too? Remember, WW is just another "diet" company getting rich off of your dreams. It does work for some people, but those people don't realize that with a little guidance and support they probably could have done it on their own...
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I've done WW, too. I LOVE MFP!!! SOOOO much better than WW!!! I'm sticking with MFP!!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I too am a former WW. This may be the first year in many that I haven't tried for a new start. Once I found MFP I knew I would never go back. The tools are great and the support is superior to that of meetings. I love MFP and reccomend it to everyone. Let's have a great year!
  • shirleycooke35
    Options
    I too attended WW and SW for many years without much success. As I am no longer able or prepared to pay the membership fees I joined myfitnesspal and in the two weeks since I joined have lost 6lbs! I joined on 24th December 2012 so that two weeks include Christmas!
  • Snitch2
    Options
    I used WW on and off for several years, and did have a one time success with it, but I was also using Medifast Supplements. I lost 66 pounds in 4 months. But, once I was off the supplements, I gained it all + more back. I tried several more times, and never put my heart into it, so I heard about this site--WHOA-Would never go back..I tell everyone about this site. The people are nicer-unless you go to the forums..(Hey, my start date my look like I just started, but have been here 1+ years..) Just watch yourself in the forums..people will eat you alive if you say the wrong thing, but otherwise, love, Love, LOVE this site. Praise the Lord to Bless the people responsible for making this app free!
    Enjoy!
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was WW for about 18 months, lost 40 lbs but then plateau'd and played around the same 10 lbs, found Zumba and MFP about the same time, left WW to have Zumba money. Still losing, maintained over holidays and expect to see decent loss again starting this week.
  • lisalower
    lisalower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I achieved my goal weight with weight watchers and lost over 40 pounds around 7 years ago, although I'm since up around 15 pounds from my goal. I am grateful to weight watchers for introducing me to exercise, I discovered my love of jogging and how fitness is attainable. I also learned through points the impact of unhealthy eating. Finally the weekly weigh in helped with a load of public accountability.

However, I too just gave up my online membership. Points have really made me lose sight of calories of all foods. The zero points foods still have calories and I can really over indulge in them. I also think the online tool is too expensive and doesn't give enough information.

I don't know where this site came from, but I'm glad it's here.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    The people are nicer-unless you go to the forums..(Hey, my start date my look like I just started, but have been here 1+ years..) Just watch yourself in the forums..people will eat you alive if you say the wrong thing, but otherwise, love, Love, LOVE this site.

THIS. :)
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've been to weight watchers several times with the most recent doing the plan on line. This did work for awhile, but I did eventually stopped tracking and was paying for nothing. I think this site offers what ww did and more---I'm so glad I found it. I'm glad you did too!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    glad you are gone from WW. any place that charges any kind of fee I so wouldn't join.