Options
Would like to find people over 60 for buddies. DEB

Replies

• MandMGrandsons
    Options
    i'am over 60
  • debbluebird
    Options
    That's great. Just trying to find people to join me. I've got to do this. DEB
  • neillfrancis
    neillfrancis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to myfitnesspal but I'm finding it very useful. Doing heaps of exercise and staying on track with my food intake. It really makes you think when you start counting a new thing for me, I'm usually on the "see food diet' :-)

Getting ready to go to Hot Yoga, I'll lose 3 kgs there in fluid a good stretch and detox.

Cheers, Neill.
  • elenaddp
    Options
    This is a very useful tool and the one I've used most consistently for weight loss.
  • debbluebird
    Options
    Well, I got through yesterday. It always seems like the day goes slower when I'm eating right and the days go faster when I'm eating wrong.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm 61....u can friend me...
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sixty here.... feel free to add me!
  • debbluebird
    Options
    I have gotten through today. This has never been easy for me, otherwise I wouldn't need this site. I've decided to follow a renal diet as well as the calorie count. Hope everyone had a good day. DEB
  • stone1219
    Options
    I am over 60 and needing to lose about 40 lbs. I am starting at our Wellnes Center Program Monday. My sister is joining me and we are going to do this together. I am heavier than I have ever been. Carol
  • debbluebird
    Options
    I guess I should tell everyone that I've recently turned 62 and I'm tired of being over weight. I'm a retired RN, for two years now. Time really flies by. Retired by force due to health issues, which this weight does not help. I really need to succeed. DEB
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and have been actively participating in MFP since August. I didn't have a really large amount to lose, but no matter how much weight you want to take off, you have to be willing to work hard and keep your eye on your goal. I'm probably in better shape today than I was 10 years ago. I realized that I needed to make a lifestyle change (which includes regular exercise whether I'm in the mood to do it or not). Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • debbluebird
    Options
    I've got to exercise. I have pulled up the elderly strength training online. I know that sounds old, but that's about all I can do for now. I am determined.
  • stone1219
    Options
    I was under my calories for today but went over on my carbs. I am going to continue to track everything I eat.
  • debbluebird
    Options
    Back spams were bad last night, couldn't walk. May have to wait on exercise for now.

DEB
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    If you log in every day, eat at least 1200 Calories, have an open food diary and exercise you can add me!
  • bbflsun
    Options
    Hello from SW FLA. Have been with MFP for 2 weeks and lost 2 lbs. I do walk 25 mi. per week but feel much better now that I must count the food intake. Add me if you like. bbflsun is 69 and going strong.
  • stone1219
    Options
    I have went over my calories for today. I am not letting it botter me, for tomorrow is another day. I didn't get to do any exercise today.
    I am going to Wellness Center tomorrow to meet with a personal trainer to see what I can do and can't do because of my health conditions. I definitely am going to be doing water aerobics and walking 30 minutes at least every day if possible. I am sticking with it this time and will need lots of encouragement.
  • debbluebird
    Options
    Good luck with the trainer. I need the encouragement too. We can do this.

DEB
  • UtahWalker
    UtahWalker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 71 years old and am now pretty active thanks to MFP. I was 268 lbs and now I am down to 241 lbs. Four months ago I could not stand up without a cane and now I can walk 3 miles a day without a cane or pain. The success is based on determination and having a strong and supportive support group. If you would like you can add me to your support team.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you log in every day, eat at least 1200 Calories, have an open food diary and exercise you can add me!

I don't log my exercise because I'm somewhat limited physically at the moment and I don't eat those calories back anyway. My food diary is private because I don't need or want anyone picking it apart. I LOVE giving words of encouragement when it's needed but unless someone specifically asks for advice about what they are eating or doing as far as exercise, I think that's personal. I guess I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to be friends with someone else who chooses not to share something they feel is personal or that they just plain don't want to share. (the OP's food diary is open, at least to friends, but unless she asked me for specific advice on her diet I would never offer it unsolicited).