Pizza!

patwil73
patwil73 Posts: 28
edited September 20 in Recipes
I'm not the healthiest eater. I have to force myself to eat vegetables, unless they are hidden in a good soup like Tuscan Tomato Vegetable soup - so take this recipe as the "I Need Pizza Now!" type. :)

Wheat Pita Bread (1 piece 57g) - Cal (130), Carbs (24), Fat (1), Protein (5), Sugar (1)
Del Monte Pineapple Slices (1 slice) - Cal (30), Carbs (8), Sugar (7)
Black Forest Uncured Ham (1/2 slice) - Cal (15), Carbs (1), Fat (1), Protein (5), Sugar (1)
Kraft 2% Reduced Fat Mozarella (28 g) - Cal (70), Fat (4), Protein (8)
Kroger Pepperoni Slices (9 slices) - Cal (88), Fat (8), Protein (4)
Old Wisconsin Turkey Sausage Bites (3 pieces - cut into 4 slices each) - Cal (40), Fat (3), Protein (4)
Pizza Sauce (1/8 cup) - Cal (12.5), Carbs (2), Fat (1), Protein (1), Sugar (1)

I bake in convection oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. Totals are Calories = 385.5 / Carbs = 35 / Fat = 18 / Protein = 27 / Sugar = 10 (7 from the pineapple alone though).

I really only like 1 type of pizza and this is it - so i was glad I could make this and satisfy my craving in a controlled way.

Hope everyone likes

Pat

Replies

• Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Thank you Pat, yummy! Wil give it a shot!!
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    I love pizza like that! I thought it was my little secret...guess not! :)
  • rb32497
    rb32497 Posts: 16 Member
    I love pizza too. I teach school so when I'm off in the summer I keep disabled kids. I had one last summer who was autistic. I use to let him make his own pizza so I came up with a very cheap, very easy, and tasty way for him to do it under my supervsion.
    He liked pepperoni and I like veggie style. He use to tewll his mom he was a chef when I let him make this. LOL
    Anyway all I did was put the suace on the tortillia, cover with cheese, and then your toppings. Bake for about 8-10 min @ 300-350 degrees. It's very simple.

When I bought it like this I could eat on it for 3-4 days
    I bought a pack of tortilla's or flat bread.(toamt/basil are the best ones)
    Pack of shredded cheese
    Pack of pepperoni's
    Can of spaghetti or pizza sauce(I like the spaghetti sauce better)
    and I usually got vegetables form the salad bar at ingles so i didnt have to buy them seperate or cut them up
    (usually things like peppers, onion's, mushrooms)
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    I made a little pizza for dinner last night with the lowfat whole grain flatout. yeaaaaa... wasn't as good as I had hoped for. Maybe next time I'll try that tomato / basil you suggested. I mean I'm sure the whole grain is probably better for you, but it just wasn't that tasty. The sundried tomatoes and mushrooms on it were delicious though!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Good ideas for this pizza lover - thanks! But what REALLY caught my eye: Old Wisconsin Turkey Sausage Bites. Never heard of them. Maybe in the section of the grocery store near the pepperoni? I love sausage, but real sausage is so bad!
  • Sound good; thanks for the recipe.
  • slim4lyf
    slim4lyf Posts: 33 Member
    Hi :-)

my Quick Fix is Muffin Pizza. Take English Muffin , toast slightly. Add Pizzasauce and toppings of Choice, put in 395 Degree Oven for about 8 to 10 min.

Takes a lot less toppings due to being small, and you can choose different Toppings for everybody in the Family. Serve a Side Salad or Veggies and Dip.

Great fast and healthy dinner after a long day of work

just my2cents
This discussion has been closed.