Any other introverts out there?

Options
I'm not great at the rah-rah encouragement thing, but it helps me to see stuff in my news feed from other people. The ups and downs from other people help me try to get back on track and stay on track. So I could use s few friends who aren't expecting a whole lot. Maybe just an encouraging comment here and there.

I joined here 2 years and had good success. Then I let things slide. I'm going to try and do better tracking things again (not that I haven't said that a lot in the past year).......

Dave

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave, I am on here most days and do not mind if you don't say much haha, the odd chat is allowed. Its good to catch up and check out what people are up to. :smile:
  • jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow introvert, I'm here daily, feel free to add me
  • swymfit
    Options
    I'd like to join you on this journey. This is my first time on this site. I'm kind of on the shy side. I too would like occasional encouragement and to give encouragement and am looking for someone to connect up with.
  • curiouspeach
    curiouspeach Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - feel free to add me :)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i am the same way, feel free to add me. i like to be connected but do not expect daily encouragement from others, i just like to take a peek now & then to see what others are up to so i would love some friends that don;t have too many expectations from me :)
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also if you like. I am here every day..but I dont have time to post a lot!
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat outgoing but only because the career path I kind of fell into required it so I adapted. So for the last several years I've been in leadership positions, run professional development classes, seminars, and have had to adapt to public speaking. But for the majority of my life I was an introvert that would avoid a lot of social situations. Any time that I wasn't working was spent alone at home reading, playing video games, or watching documentaries.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being an introvert so I don't think changing is for everyone, so don't take the message of my post the wrong way. I don't even think there was anything wrong with me back then, in fact I still do have many qualities of an introvert at times. Just because I'm now capable of doing all the things I listed previously doesn't mean I'm always comfortable doing them. But I can identify with your tendencies and if you want to add a fellow Michigander to your friends list feel free to add me.
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I believe Introverts are a very necessary part of society, and that we have our own power!!!! : )
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me :-)
  • Juashmom
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well...also an introvert. Some days I'm more active than others but I do log every day
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I will not expect too much from you lol. Love to help you along your journey
  • Pedipawz
    Pedipawz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, im new and not online that much x
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    So what your saying is you are a peeping Tom? Looking at everyone's diary and watching what they are doing?

Awesome, add me and you can peep all you want!! I log most days and sometimes post irrelevant banter.
  • sura987
    sura987 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been a member here but so far I'm struggling with weightloss/fitness. I've fooled myself into thinking I can do it alone, but if you would like to share any hints what has worked for you, I'd be gratefu to hear them. I'm more introverted "the loner type" but
    connecting with other members might be good for me. So if you'd like to add me, please do.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Yep another introvert here. Feel free to add me.

It's not a matter of being 'shy' as many people (extroverts) think, it's that we don't need constant social interaction because we get that (and our self respect/self image/self esteem/motivation) internally, instead of from others.
  • nsdjogger
    Options
    Kinda sounds like me. Feel free to add me. :)
  • betsy179
    Options
    Hi welcome back you can me if you like.
  • tloewe6
    Options
    Hoping mostly down with the weight, no encouragements from anyone not even god hahaha.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty quiet/laid back for the most part....add me if you like :)
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. Busy alot so difficult posting on a regular basis.